article thumbnail

ICON 2023 Q&A: Comms VP Alex Ebanks on the Key Skill PR Pros Need Today

PRSay

14 workshop, a line of students waited to talk with Alex Ebanks. Ebanks is the vice president of communications at Essence Ventures, overseeing all executive, external and internal communications for the private equity company that aims to empower, connect and give ownership to Black communities. Following her Oct.

article thumbnail

How to Prepare for Your PR Summer Internship

5W PR

New interns can practice these skills by taking online courses or participating in workshops that focus on improving these skills. Interns should be connecting with other PR professionals on LinkedIn, attending industry events, and joining online PR communities to stay informed of industry trends and broaden your network.

How To 88
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Integrating Owned and Earned Media

PRSay

Are vanity PR metrics applicable in communications campaigns? You can also join me on May 18 and 25 for a PRSA workshop on how to integrate the two… more on that in a bit. It’s a discussion we have almost daily in the Spin Sucks Community. If you need help thinking this through, this article will help you step-by-step.

Media 197
article thumbnail

The Facebook Dilemma

The Proactive Report

A community of loyal and engaged fans is considered to be a valuable asset. Any PR person who has pitched the media knows that if you send them crappy content it won’t get published. You have to make sure that the release or pitch you send is relevant, timely and will be interesting to their readers. Sound familiar?

Facebook 262
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Retired Vice President of Content & Public Relations at DKY, Holly Donato

Communications Conversations

I’ll never forget working shoulder to shoulder with the Minnesota Somali community to raise money and pack meals for their people during the East African famine. I was attracted by FMSC’s need for a solid communication infrastructure. The free prep workshop alone was a fabulously valuable experience, and I wished I’d done it years ago.

Publicity 174
article thumbnail

Facebook’s Current Woes Symptomatic of Raging Content Saturation

PRSay

I’m NOT saying that press release SEO or Facebook community management or blogging or podcasting are bad — great tools that contribute to great outcomes. Get more media pitching knowledge from Michael Smart here. Check out his “ Secrets of Media Relations Masters” workshop or his “ Crafting the Perfect Pitch” online course. .

article thumbnail

Tackling the impact of tech and AI on PR

Stephen Waddington

The CIPR #AIinPR panel is hosting a Twitter chat on 3 July between midday and 1pm BST and I’ll be sharing our work during workshops at the CIPR’s Northern Conference. 3 Investigate the third party tool market The vendor community is keen to sell into the PR market. Listen to vendor pitches and ask to trial tools for yourself. #4

Ethics 69