Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Definition Remove Ethics
article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Celebrates “Ethics Month” With a September 15th Discussion

Deirdre Breakenridge

PRSA has designated September as “Ethics Month” with a wide variety of activities to educate and inform members and industry professionals. In the spirit of Ethics Month, #PRStudChat welcomes Kirk Hazlett , APR, Fellow PRSA, on Tuesday, September 15th at 8:30 p.m. As always, we welcome your questions before or during the chat session.

Ethics 150
article thumbnail

Bringing True, Ethical Authenticity to Multicultural Communications – Jennifer Gonzalez

Ethical Voices

Jen and I are colleagues, and we had a great ethics discussion recently, so I invited her to be a guest. I’m a multicultural communication strategist. I also provide guidance in general as to how to bring more diversity, equity, and inclusion values into all the work we do as marketers and communicators.

Ethics 72
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted? The most difficult ethical challenge for me occurred following the Pulse nightclub tragedy in 2016. I was working for Orange County government and I led the communications team through a nightmare week.

Ethics 91
article thumbnail

The Major Ethical Issues in Employee Communications – Ethan McCarty  

Ethical Voices

Joining me on this week’s episode is Ethan McCarty , the founder and CEO of Integral , an award-winning employee activation agency serving leaders of communications, HR, marketing, and technology. He shares some great public relations ethics insights including: The ongoing ethical challenge of creating shared beliefs.

Ethics 78
article thumbnail

The ethical challenges of weaponized communication – Elizabeth Edwards

Ethical Voices

She discusses a number of important issues, including: The ethical challenges of weaponized communication. I have a degree in Organizational Communication, then applied that first working in the space division of Boeing, back when the International Space Station was still on the ground and being built.

Ethics 75
article thumbnail

Acting Ethically Means Going Beyond Performative Action – Candace Hamana

Ethical Voices

She discusses a number of important ethics issues, including: What to do when your employer doesn’t let you act in true faith How to make land acknowledgments more than a performative action The importance of cultural contexts Tell us about yourself and your career? What is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted at work?

Ethics 81
article thumbnail

Did the US election kill ethical PR?

ReimaginePR

As a communications professional, I view elections as a series of public relations strategies and tactics. Online community engagement of rabidly partisan zealots? However, the definition of “at all costs” has never been so literal, and the strategic communications work employed to win has never been so dark.

Ethics 120