article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Celebrates “Ethics Month” With a September 15th Discussion

Deirdre Breakenridge

PRSA has designated September as “Ethics Month” with a wide variety of activities to educate and inform members and industry professionals. In the spirit of Ethics Month, #PRStudChat welcomes Kirk Hazlett , APR, Fellow PRSA, on Tuesday, September 15th at 8:30 p.m. As always, we welcome your questions before or during the chat session.

Ethics 150
article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted? The most difficult ethical challenge for me occurred following the Pulse nightclub tragedy in 2016. I was working for Orange County government and I led the communications team through a nightmare week.

Ethics 91
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Bringing True, Ethical Authenticity to Multicultural Communications – Jennifer Gonzalez

Ethical Voices

Jen and I are colleagues, and we had a great ethics discussion recently, so I invited her to be a guest. I also provide guidance in general as to how to bring more diversity, equity, and inclusion values into all the work we do as marketers and communicators. What is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted at work?

Ethics 72
article thumbnail

From Crisis Point to Turning Point

Maxim Behar

“The Global PR Revolution” is delving into ethics, morality, accuracy, and transparency — but the fact is that the gist of our job has always been to tell the truth, and this is what we’ve been doing in our everyday lives. Ten years ago, my definition of PR had more to do with “telling the truth in such a way that people will like it.”

Crisis 64
article thumbnail

The ethical challenges of weaponized communication – Elizabeth Edwards

Ethical Voices

She discusses a number of important issues, including: The ethical challenges of weaponized communication. It is not right what it is doing to our employees, to our teams, to our audiences as marketers, professional communicators and leaders. That is not ethical. Avoiding thought terminating cliches. It is not moral.

Ethics 75
article thumbnail

Is It Plagiarism or Jumping on a Trend? The Ethics of Social Media Content

Contently - Strategy

Here are four tips to help you build better content creation practices by getting inspired and taking inspiration from others—without crossing any ethical lines. You don’t want to create a nightmare for your PR team—and you definitely don’t way to pay their subsequent therapy bill. How to avoid plagiarizing content.

article thumbnail

The public relations management gap

Wadds Inc.

There is no formal definition within management, there are countless worldviews, competency and the need for training is well understood but largely ignored, best practice is an aspiration practised by a fifth of organisations rather than the norm, and outputs are rarely measured in terms that management understands.

Publicity 122