Remove Brand Remove Community Remove Enterprise Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. I believe the generative AI is based on OpenAI technology, which makes ChatGPT.

Analysis 154
article thumbnail

Earned Media vs. Media Relations [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Over time, the digital community warmed to the term again. Many of the PR technology vendors I track for the monthly PR Tech Sum put a greater emphasis on earned media than media relations in their messaging. Below is the summary of news from the world of the PR technology vendors. Earned media is sexy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

More on PR2020: social media activism, internal comms resurgence, storytelling and professionalism

Stephen Waddington

Social media activism: brands don’t listen In 2012 Steve Earl and I wrote a book called Brand Anarchy. Brand shaming has become commonplace. Most brands have learnt that the customer service or reputational impact of the occasion rogue tweet isn’t worth the cost of 24/7 social media management.

article thumbnail

CommsTech versus PR Tech in the Court of Public Opinion [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

These are both terrible terms, but I’ve adopted the latter as the moniker for these monthly roundups about the PR software vendor community – and I’m inclined to keep it. This summary of PR technology news – the PR Tech Sum – is back after a two-month hiatus. CommsTech does seem like the broader category. I do have a sense of humor.

article thumbnail

I Sold PR 20/20, but That’s Just the Start of the Story

PR 20/20

Blue Cypress is also the lead investor in our sister company, Marketing AI Institute , which raised a $1M seed round earlier this year to help advance the understanding and adoption of artificial intelligence within the marketing industry and broader business community. We will, in large part, continue to function independently.

article thumbnail

Building a Community: The Next Frontier for Social Media Professionals

Karen Freberg

We are seeing more brands, professionals, and even enterprise audiences gravitate to creating their own communities. This seems to be the next arena to foster your personal brand, establish long term and sustainable relationships, and provide opportunities to network with others. Why set up your own community?

article thumbnail

Dawn of the Intelligently Automated Agency

PR 20/20

Technology will get smarter , intelligently automating traditionally human-powered activities while adding layers of complexity to your martech stack. Brands will need to become more human with greater resources dedicated to listening, relationship building, ethics, empathy, creativity, culture and community. Are you ready?

Agency 84