Remove Agency Remove Community Remove Crisis Remove Ethics
article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

Pete area, but I’ve worked in agencies, corporations, and my experience spans a variety of industries including academia, banking, government, healthcare, tourism, and utilities. Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted?

Ethics 91
article thumbnail

From Crisis Point to Turning Point

Maxim Behar

“The Global PR Revolution” is delving into ethics, morality, accuracy, and transparency — but the fact is that the gist of our job has always been to tell the truth, and this is what we’ve been doing in our everyday lives. Hence, my notion of PR agencies is something like editorial teams.

Crisis 64
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Capitol Riots: A Crisis Communication Retrospect

PRSay

The concept of crisis communications can elicit images of Olivia Pope on the ABC series “ Scandal ” rattling off a monologue to a slew of reporters. While not quite as cinematic in reality, crisis communications is at the heart of any professional communication enterprise. Learning from the crisis.

article thumbnail

Understanding the Defense Tech Industry and the Role of Public Relations

5W PR

It delves into the intricate landscape of national security, cutting-edge innovation, and complex ethical considerations. In this high-stakes arena, public relations isn’t simply useful when it comes to crisis control. It’s about protecting lives, forging strategic partnerships, and navigating ethical gray areas.

article thumbnail

2022 Brands in Motion: Global Ethics Insights – Rebecca Wilson

Ethical Voices

Overseeing a team of 120 communicators, Rebecca is responsible for driving the overall strategic direction, commercial operations, and global client growth across the markets, and driving collaboration across the APAC region. While I was a bit under the weather from a cold, Rebecca provided ethics insights on a number of topics, including:

Ethics 73
article thumbnail

Reputation and Social Responsibility

5W PR

Investing in CSR can help companies develop a corporate reputation, and attract customers while protecting businesses from any damage to their reputation, as well as helping them recover faster after a PR crisis. This is a great way for companies to give back to their communities and customers that have supported the business in the past.

article thumbnail

Ethical Issues in Merging the Science and Art of Public Relations: Aaron Kwittken

Ethical Voices

Ethical issues in merging the science and art of public relations. I spent the last 30+ plus years, mostly in agency PR. I started in Washington DC in Public Affairs and Crisis Management. I started in Washington DC in Public Affairs and Crisis Management. Still am a crisis guy and always will be, I think.

Ethics 52