article thumbnail

3 Ways to Expand Your Reach Within the Hispanic Community

Cision

While many people who identify as Hispanic in the United States receive their news in English, that trend may be due to a lack of Spanish translations rather than a desire to consume news in English. For instance, big cities tend to have larger Hispanic communities, which affects the volume and type of media consumption.

Community 225
article thumbnail

S&T Live Recap: PRSA Chair Michelle Egan on the Trends, Challenges and Opportunities in the Year Ahead

PRSay

19 to talk about trends, challenges and opportunities for communicators in the New Year. Egan joined the livestream from Anchorage, Alaska, where she is chief communications officer of the Alyeska Pipeline Service Company. Another way to prepare for recession and layoffs is by building your community, she said.

Trends 113
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

3 Essential PR Trends to Monitor in the New Year and Decade

PRSay

When we began this decade, many local newspapers had at least 10 more pages of non-syndicated content than they do today. While I wish there was a perfect crystal ball, the best we can do are our own professional insights — and here are some trends that we foresee being worth watching in 2020 and beyond: User- g enerated content.

Trends 168
article thumbnail

Public Relations Skills

PR for Anyone

As a real estate agent, it’s important to be the “famous” agent in your community. Getting local media coverage makes you a star in your community. How can you niche your real estate business and create a newsworthy story idea around what’s trending in your niche? You don’t need to hire a big fancy PR firm. It’s Google.

article thumbnail

Effective Communication Strategies For Mental Health Advocacy

The Hoyt Organization

Contact media outlets such as newspapers, magazines, radio stations, and television networks to get coverage for your campaign. Leverage “Real-Time” News Topics Popular real-time topics let you capitalize on current trends that people are interested in. Keyword research to gain insight into hot topics.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Doug Bolduc, Managing Editor at Automotive News Europe

Bianchi Biz Blog

It won an award from the National Newspaper Association for community service. What is the top trend you’re covering or interested in right now? I started writing professionally at 17 years old as a sports correspondent for my local newspaper, the Milford (NH) Cabinet. What is your top pet peeve with PR people?

article thumbnail

The Human Touch

Prakkypedia

For PR consultants who work in media relations and promotions, it’s all about the next angle, the new product, the trend the client has noticed, or the issue that the client may be able to provide a quote on. given back to the community in a heart-warming way. Or in other words: “What can I pitch to the media?”.