Remove Branding Remove Community Remove Exercises Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Discovering the Roadmap in Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

I remember thinking how wonderful it would be if there was a book that provided not only additional resources on how we can create assignments, exercises, or exercises, but really showed you what you need to know to teach social media. This class is unlike others in PR, Marketing, and even Advertising classes.

article thumbnail

Lockdown letter: Zoom fatigue, checking in with Maslow and future plans

Stephen Waddington

I won’t be learning Mandarin or writing a book during lockdown. Pleasure in simple things and new routines A lockdown book or new language may be a tall order but there is pleasure in art, cooking, craft and community. It’s a wonderful community act of craft. I’m writing on my blog more than ever.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Managing Conflicts in a ‘Cancel-Culture’ Environment

PRSay

But those with experience know that it’s difficult to balance the needs of investors, employees, customers and communities without compromise — something that seems in short supply in today’s outrage-first environment. Conduct a thorough “what if” exercise for controversies and determine how you’ll mitigate them.

Ethics 136
article thumbnail

Blogger Outreach Versus Media Relations: What Marketers Need To Know

Polaris

In fact, they ranked third after retail and brand sites—well above online magazines and news sites. While independent bloggers often have lower audience reach than legacy media, their communities are typically more involved. If your product falls into a niche, blogs are a terrific way to get the word out to your target market.

article thumbnail

9 Blogs To Make You PR-Smart

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

This brain exercise is touted as “a foolproof way to come up with new solutions and original ideas.” Better Writing Blogs. This awesome blog is a how-to for brands looking to package and distribute the best stories from within their organizations. The Muse addresses all aspects of work and career life.

Blogging 170
article thumbnail

Kindness in a Time of Coronavirus

Action PR

How brands are helping the public find purpose and stress-relief with kind acts amidst the COVID-19 crisis. Amidst all the devastating news, light comes in the form of kindness from individuals, communities and brands. In fact, this is the main contributor to good heart health outside of exercise.

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines with Marian Salzman

Cision

Salzman and her team at Havas PR give a variety of insights including how to master the brand narrative, how to craft a story, and how make a client’s brand the story. Then I wrote a book on first jobs to avoid having to have one, and then began writing features for magazines. How can brands keep up?