Remove Branding Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Government
article thumbnail

This Week in PR Ethics (10/20/22): Favela Tours, Virtuous Radio Hosts, and Virus Research

Ethical Voices

This week there were a wide range of ethical issues from slum tourism to sensationalistic news to the importance of stakeholders. The ethics of Favela tours – Fodor’s looks at the return of Favela Tours in Rio and asks – are they ethical? But my favorite is celebrating the positive, virtuous action by a radio station show host.

Ethics 76
article thumbnail

PR Ethics: From Client Selection to AI Challenges – KayAnn Schoeneman

Ethical Voices

This week on Ethical Voices, KayAnn Schoeneman , President of Curley Company discusses: How to determine if a client is right for you Ethical issues in opposition research AI ethics challenges Why don’t you tell us more about yourself and your career? At the heart of it, I am a communicator and an advocate.

Ethics 75
article thumbnail

How Can Businesses Create A More Ethical Environment – Erica Salmon Byrne

Ethical Voices

She was one of the first people I interviewed when Ethical Voices launched in 2019, and I figured it was time to have her back, particularly because Ethisphere recently released an updated list of the World’s Most Ethical companies. What are the top ethics issues facing companies? We look at governance practices.

Ethics 70
article thumbnail

On January 17th, the #PRStudChat Community Discusses How to Get Strategic With Owned Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

It’s the “O” in the PESO model and it’s an important part of a brand’s communications plan. Today, our world of communications includes so much more. ET, #PRStudChat (sponsored by Spin Sucks ) community members gather for a Twitter chat on “How to Get Strategic with Owned Media.”

Community 184
article thumbnail

United we Brand? Top Reads on Corporate Activism

Flack's Revenge

Should brands take a stand? It was a more innocent time and easier for businesses to step up to the plate when government was not doing its job. So, what’s a brand (and their top execs) to do? Fence-sitters might alienate those who want to know the brand’s political and social colors. So, what should you speak out on?

Corporate 198
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

This feature fine-tunes content, aligns tone with brand guidelines”; Recommended topics. Meltwater gamifies customer community. Meltwater added a rewards program to its online customer community. Members will be able to earn status by actively contributing to the community and then receive branded gifts.

Analysis 147
article thumbnail

Reputation and Social Responsibility

5W PR

Corporate social responsibility has the purpose of improving the corporate reputation of a company and increasing its value as a brand. This is a great way for companies to give back to their communities and customers that have supported the business in the past. Types of CSR.