Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Technology
article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

I call it divine intervention, and I’ve worked there since May 2020. Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted? Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted?

Ethics 91
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. I believe the generative AI is based on OpenAI technology, which makes ChatGPT.

Analysis 147
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. The PR 2020 project was based on interviews with PR practitioners throughout the UK and the outlook for the forthcoming decade. They are all issues that will occupy us all in 2020. Issues in practice 1. She always improves my work.

article thumbnail

Embracing Inclusion: Empowering People with Disabilities Through Brand Marketing

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

The rationale underscoring the crusade for inclusion is rooted in a blend of ethical and realistic understandings. From an ethical vantage point, inclusion is an acknowledgment of every individual’s inherent dignity and worth, irrespective of their abilities.

Brand 89
article thumbnail

The journey from lockdown

Stephen Waddington

The PESTLE framework (political, economic, social, technology, legal and environmental) is useful to help define a micro or macro environment Map the uncertainties related to the crisis and how these impact your organisation Explore likely outcomes and discuss the implication and pathway for each scenario. Let’s hope that continues.

article thumbnail

Muck Rack Lands a Whopping $180 million in Funding [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

The PR technology space can be in some respects, divided into Davids and Goliaths. Here’s one more: Vocus was one of the earliest technology companies in the PR tech space. Muck Rack now has the resources to compete on the same playing field with a modern and homogeneous technology platform. billion in 2020 – under his tenure.

article thumbnail

Prioritizing Mental Health: Eight Research-Backed Perspectives for a Happier, Healthier Organization

Stern + Associates

A trade-off mindset between the four domains of life ­– work, family, community and self (mind, body and spirit) – prevents us from leading and performing as effectively as we would like. Going Beyond Work/Life Balance for True Mental Health. But harmony is possible, says renowned Wharton Professor Stew Friedman.