article thumbnail

The Power of Local Knowledge: Why Product Development Should Start with Listening to Your Community

Stern + Associates

How can organizations confidently take advantage of the benefits associated with modern technology while avoiding negative impacts on surrounding communities? Existing data science techniques cannot accurately understand key cultural nuances in language amongst predominantly communities of color.

Local 98
article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses PR, Twitter & Politics on Tuesday, October 11th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat Community will gather to discuss PR, Twitter and Politics from local cities to the state houses to the national government, all while reaching and communicating to a global audience focused on this year’s election. What is the impact of the ethics behind the use of bots & bot proxy networks to spread messages?

Twitter 293
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted? The most difficult ethical challenge for me occurred following the Pulse nightclub tragedy in 2016. I was working for Orange County government and I led the communications team through a nightmare week.

Ethics 92
article thumbnail

Understanding the Defense Tech Industry and the Role of Public Relations

5W PR

Defense technology transcends the world of gadgets and apps. It delves into the intricate landscape of national security, cutting-edge innovation, and complex ethical considerations. Here, technology isn’t about entertainment. Here, technology isn’t about entertainment.

article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. I believe the generative AI is based on OpenAI technology, which makes ChatGPT.

Analysis 142
article thumbnail

The Role of PR in Transforming Consumer Finance

5W PR

Advocating user-friendly technology The surge of digital banking demands crystal clear communication about the user journey. By championing transparency and ethical conduct, PR aids financial institutions in shaping a reputation of being reliable and trustworthy partners in consumers’ financial journeys.

article thumbnail

How Public Relations Can Help Build Trust In Defense Tech Brands

5W PR

That means defense tech brands need to begin openly discussing ethical frameworks, safety measures, and even the limitations of the technology to be able to build a bridge of understanding. These types of stories paint a picture of not just the power of the technology, but its potential to serve humanity as a force for good.