article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

It was refreshing to hear Todd’s optimistic vision for a future in which a more independent news media will regain the public’s trust and return to covering local communities with a sense of shared values. Like other nonprofit news organizations, The Record relies on donations to continue operating. Media outlets embrace new model.

Nonprofit 172
article thumbnail

Power of Digital Storytelling: A Guide for Nonprofits to Engage Youth to Become Change Agents

Deirdre Breakenridge

The United Nations Foundation (UNF)’s Girl Up campaign, for example, relies heavily on digital platforms such as Instagram , Facebook , YouTube videos, and blogs to encourage youth to advocate for health, education, and leadership for girls everywhere. Unfortunately, not every nonprofit organization understands how to reach out to youth.

Nonprofit 240
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Thriving as a Female CEO in a Male-Dominated Industry with Kristina Bouweiri

PR for Anyone

Her professional career started as an assistant program manager for a nonprofit in Africa. Thanks to Kristina’s leadership, Reston Limousine has soared to new heights. After two years, she returned to the US and found a job as selling adversiting. Find us on

article thumbnail

Executing An Effective Non-Profit PR Strategy

The Hoyt Organization

million nonprofits registered with the IRS. With so many organizations competing for attention and donations, it’s crucial for your nonprofit organization to have an effective PR strategy in place. Additionally, you can easily reach the right audiences and communicate your message effectively.

article thumbnail

Relationship Advice: Your Nonprofit Organization and Building Community Organization Partnerships

Waxing UnLyrical

Our culture used to have a clear line between “business only” and the “good feeling” of nonprofit organizations. Now, in our culture, we are seeing the mutually beneficial advantages of establishing and maintaining a relationship between a nonprofit organization and corporate business. Empower your community and employees together.

article thumbnail

Paid Internships: The Key to Diversifying the PR Profession

PRSay

I had never heard of, much less seriously considered, public relations until my supervisor at a nonprofit organization where I was working part-time suggested it. He connected me with the opportunity to explore communications and public relations, which led to an internship at a PR agency. It’s simply a privilege they can’t afford.

Nonprofit 195
article thumbnail

Thriving as a Female CEO in a Male-Dominated Industry with Kristina Bouweiri

PR for Anyone

Her professional career started as an assistant program manager for a nonprofit in Africa. Thanks to Kristina’s leadership, Reston Limousine has soared to new heights. After two years, she returned to the US and found a job as selling adversiting. Find us on