article thumbnail

Become the Pied Piper of Community Building

Waxing UnLyrical

Communities have been around for centuries, however online communities have only been around for a few decades. According to Computerworld the first “online community” came about in 1973 when Talkomatic for the PLATO time-sharing system released a text-based group chat. Customer Service. Engagement.

article thumbnail

Streak: Possibly the Best CRM System for Small Business

Waxing UnLyrical

And when it comes to those of us who are business owners as well… well, we have to know how to manage relationships with not just the media, bloggers and our community, we also have to keep track of our business relationships. Which makes a good CRM system for small business a necessity. magnum via Flickr, CC 2.0. Enter Streak.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

That Solo Life Podcast Celebrates 200th Episode

Solo PR Pro

To truly enjoy this freedom means we need to take the time to set up some structure and systems. Steak, Sizzle, and Service What makes your customer service sizzle? In this episode we discuss how you can bring even more value to client engagements with great customer service.

article thumbnail

Why Livefyre Is The Best Blog Comment System Evah

Waxing UnLyrical

I think Livefyre, the comment system that has been implemented on WUL for just under two months , is da bomb. I’m not one to get overly excited by blog comment systems, but this one has me blown away. in my opinion, than other comment systems that allow you to post your comments to, say, Facebook or Twitter?

System 68
article thumbnail

MeasurePR: The Community Edition

Waxing UnLyrical

On May 24, the #MeasurePR chat was a community chat, discussing the reporting side of measurement—how PRs plan for a tool throwing bad numbers, reporting numbers that contradict, and whether Share of Voice (SOV) is a useful or useless PR metric. Here's her quick recap.].

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

How To Create a Simple Facebook Messenger Bot

Cision

Facebook Messenger bots (chatbots) are a controversial feature that was added to the standalone Messenger service earlier this year. Recently, Facebook started allowing its Messenger chatbots to take payments – making the interaction between chatbot not only a customer service feature but an e-commerce feature.

Facebook 120