article thumbnail

From Crisis to Connection: Suicide Prevention Education with Deborah Casello

PR for Anyone

By providing practical tools and resources through KEYS 365’s community-based classes, her goal is to empower individuals to intervene early and effectively to support one another. This makes suicide prevention accessible to even the busiest professionals, students, and community members. About KEYS 365: KEYS 365 is a 501c3 nonprofit!

Education 130
article thumbnail

The Importance of Community Relations in Healthcare

Landis PR

You probably don’t think about sponsored support groups, school educational campaigns or recruiting efforts…but these are all community relations efforts that are vital components to any integrated communications program in healthcare. AND, they provide an important service to the community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

It takes a community to drive change - Socially Mobile launches to candidates

Stephen Waddington

A thank you letter to the PRCA and the Socially Mobile community. The importance of humanity and community are two important lessons for me following the COVID-19 crisis. We’ve set out a vision to build an executive education programme for the public relations industry. Socially Mobile opens for applications today.

Mobile 143
article thumbnail

The Pivot From Traditional to Online Education

Reputation Us

What do you think when you hear the phrase traditional higher education? What if I told you there are a variety of paths to go down to get an education? Considering the shift in our traditional educational paradigm, online learning is the new normal. Do you see it as only a four-year university?

article thumbnail

Why My College Crash Course in Crisis Communications Will Never End

PRSay

My most important crisis communications test didn’t come through my PR work with PayPal, Snowflake or Tetris. LGBTQIA people grapple with the complex parts of communication quickly in their lives when they are out. That requires every component of a PR program, from stakeholder communication (i.e., It came in college.

article thumbnail

The Status Quo of Crisis Preparedness Puts You at a Disadvantage—and It’s Time For That To Change

Melissa Agnes

Over the last couple of years, I’ve found myself increasingly frustrated with my industry, the crisis management profession. To put my frustration simply, the status quo of crisis preparedness and crisis management no longer suffices and, as a result, does a disservice to professionals, organizations and society.

Crisis 189
article thumbnail

The crisis gets personal

Stephen Waddington

These are the heroes of the crisis. It’s trying to work from home and run businesses during a crisis. Hyper connectivity is exhausting The isolation of lockdown has seemingly created a need for connection in our networks and communities. Mad cow crisis as a signpost to the future? 8,000 people have died in the UK.

Crisis 136