Remove Books Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Print
article thumbnail

5 Solos PR Pros Share How They Structure Their Work Day

Solo PR Pro

There’s a whole community of like minded people you can lean on. Janet Falk, Falk Communications and Research. There are several that help contacts expedite booking appointments with you; they display time slots when you are available and viewers select a preferred day and time. Anne Isenhower, Anne Isenhower Communications.

Meeting 98
article thumbnail

How I 1st-Drafted an 87,000-Word Self-Help Book over 46 Days in 2018*

ZudePR

Have you always aspired to write a book? 5 Life and Work Sometimes Get in the Way #6 A Stem Forms #7 The Research Phase #8 Attending Writing School #9 Final Preparations #10 What First-Drafting a Book in 46 Days Looks Like #11 Tips on First-Drafting a Book by a First-Time (Self-Publishing) Author Next Steps Conclusion Codicil.

Writing 83
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Ranger Scott Gediman on the Ferguson Fire and 22 Years as Yosemite Park’s Public Affairs Officer

PRSay

The closure affected both the park and the surrounding communities during the height of the summer visitor season. That left me alone managing the press, doing 40 to 50 interviews a day, with six or seven satellite trucks here, and writing news releases. The TV folks want an interview on camera. 19, burning about 95,000 acres.

article thumbnail

2016 – A Year in Traditional Media

Shift Communications

A long time McDonald’s employee who has Down Syndrome was celebrating her retirement, and we wanted to share the good news with her local community – both to show everything people with disabilities can take on, and that McDonald’s supports them. Finally, three months later, we got the interview on the books.

Print 60
article thumbnail

A Night with Author Ann Patchett | Bookstores, Commonwealth and Safaris

wiredPRworks

That's the question I wanted to ask Ann Patchett co-owner of Parnassus Books and bestselling author, at her Chicago event on the Commonwealth book tour. She also loves recommending books, even when she’s on her own book tour. Out of print since 1950, Ann’s editor at Harper Collins loved the book.

Print 40
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

The PR 2020 project was based on interviews with PR practitioners throughout the UK and the outlook for the forthcoming decade. Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers.

article thumbnail

What journalists need from PR pitches

Presspage

Instead of including a full press release, consider writing just a paragraph or two about why this story is right for their publication or website, and then offering an interesting spokesperson for an interview or invite the journalist to your event. If the image is to go into print, it needs to be at least 1MB.