article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

It was refreshing to hear Todd’s optimistic vision for a future in which a more independent news media will regain the public’s trust and return to covering local communities with a sense of shared values. At the same time, however, the advertising revenue that local news organizations have long counted on has continued to drop.

Nonprofit 172
article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses PR, Twitter & Politics on Tuesday, October 11th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat Community will gather to discuss PR, Twitter and Politics from local cities to the state houses to the national government, all while reaching and communicating to a global audience focused on this year’s election. There is a lot to learn (and will be learned) from this mainstream news channel.

Twitter 293
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Local Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree.

Local 60
article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree. A lot huge.

Local 60
article thumbnail

Visiting Hoffman in China — a global agency, locally relevant

The Hoffman Agency

The news cycle comes from the top in that (generally) the government sets out its priorities and the media uses this to decide what’s interesting or newsworthy. In China, there isn’t as much room for this type of competition — usually the government places a big bet on one horse, until there’s no other horses left in the race.

Local 36
article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Social Media & Community Management With increasing frequency, social media and community management has become the direct responsibility of the communications and PR team. Community management entails social monitoring, responding to customer inquiries, and passing items along to customer management when needed.

Training 195
article thumbnail

Future skills for public relations practitioners - World PR Day

Stephen Waddington

I worked as part of a team of professional marketing and communications associations on behalf of the Government Communication Service at the outset of the crisis. The COVID-19 Communications Advisory Panel report records the impact of the pandemic on communications professionals.

Publicity 199