article thumbnail

Writing Your First Book: Lessons from The Lean Startup

Deirdre Breakenridge

What is the hardest part about writing a book?”. Most writers I have come across tell me writing a book is both extremely rewarding and at the same time one of the biggest challenges they have ever taken on. The idea is simple, but powerful: Test your idea for a book before investing too much of your time actually writing the book.

article thumbnail

Ahead of the Academy Awards, Marketing Wisdom From the ‘Barbie’ Blockbuster

PRSay

The “Barbie” film is empowering women of all identities as they reclaim Barbie as a symbol of inclusivity. Ahead of the Academy Awards ceremony on March 10, when “Barbie” is up for several awards, including Best Picture, let’s reflect on the film’s marketing campaign to extract valuable insights for practitioners.

Film 127
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Life Rewritten: Composing Your Legacy with Carrie KC West

PR for Anyone

Through her experiences, including film school and self-discovery, Carrie uncovered the importance of understanding one’s own origin story. Carrie shares her own experience of transitioning from the excitement of working in the film industry to the uncertainty of pursuing writing as a career.

Film 130
article thumbnail

How Pioneers in Skirts Ran a Successful Kickstarter Campaign…and Beyond!

Deirdre Breakenridge

A documentary film depends on individuals, foundations and businesses to help fund it – and the process of applying and appealing is always ongoing. Knowing that Kickstarters are also important for getting more eyes on the film itself, I did my best to help increase awareness of, and drive excitement for, the film and its Kickstarter.

Film 150
article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Producing a letter took time to write, print or copy and mail.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Molly Boigon, Tech and Innovation Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

I have been writing about vehicle infotainment centers and connectivity. I had a great time filming a piece with our video team in which we charged an EV at a regional supermarket and bought the ingredients for a Boston Cooler, an ice cream float that is famous in Detroit. Describe the craziest or most fun story you have worked on.

article thumbnail

Power of Digital Storytelling: A Guide for Nonprofits to Engage Youth to Become Change Agents

Deirdre Breakenridge

Using photos and effective hashtags can help your audience find custom stories, but writing the right caption that tells a story is key! Creating a space for young people to share their stories can inspire them to connect with their own community and be part of the change. A new Pew Research Center survey of U.S.

Nonprofit 240