article thumbnail

What should your social media marketing focus on: Customer service or content?

Communications Conversations

What makes a brand “best in class” when it comes to social media marketing? Clients are constantly asking me what other companies are doing in terms of social media marketing best practices. Companies want to learn and get better at social media marketing–yes, even in 2021. Almost the opposite.

article thumbnail

What should your social media marketing focus on: Customer service or content?

What makes a brand “best in class” when it comes to social media marketing? Clients are constantly asking me what other companies are doing in terms of social media marketing best practices. Companies want to learn and get better at social media marketing–yes, even in 2021. Almost the opposite.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

How Target uses branded gifs to bolster community engagement on Twitter

If you’ve worked in the social media marketing world for more than five minutes, you know how most brands treat “engagement” on Twitter. I’ll simplify: When it comes to engagement, Twitter has become a full-on customer service channel managed by the customer service team.

Community 127
article thumbnail

Become the Pied Piper of Community Building

Waxing UnLyrical

Communities have been around for centuries, however online communities have only been around for a few decades. According to Computerworld the first “online community” came about in 1973 when Talkomatic for the PLATO time-sharing system released a text-based group chat. Let’s get right to it, how to build your brand’s community.

article thumbnail

Less “let’s go viral” and more “let’s build community”

Last week, Hootsuite’s Ryan Holmes wrote an outstanding piece about how the rules of social media marketing have changed. While Holmes talked about how we’re in the midst of transitioning to a post-social-media landscape, I envision another stark trend: The comeback of community. You were building a community.

Viral 98
article thumbnail

How to Build Consumer Relationships that Span Economic Uncertainties

5W PR

Living the brand values Highlight the brand’s core values and how they resonate with what matters to the customers during tough times. Showcase a commitment to social responsibility and community support. Deliver reliable products and services that consumers can depend on, especially when they need them most.

article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

Marketing and PR predictions aren’t merely forecasts, but often a reflection of our aspirations and perhaps advice – mistakes we’ve made we’d like to help others avoid. “Be Pay to pay, content grows; influencer marketing cools. “I d) Influencer marketing to cool off as far as the amounts of money companies are paying influencers.”.

Marketing 187