Remove Books Remove Community Remove International Remove Measurement
article thumbnail

Unlocking the strategic potential of internal communications

Wadds Inc.

As organisations manage a complex business landscape, the internal communications function can demonstrate its value as a strategic management function. My focus as a public relations practitioner and management researcher is on elevating the internal communications function's role in management.

article thumbnail

10 Takeaways From PRSA’s 2018 International Conference

PRSay

Austin, Texas, was the backdrop for PRSA’s International Conference this past week. The theme: “Communications Convergence” covered a range of topics including conflicts, creativity and client relationships. Crunching numbers (data and measurement) was a hot topic as well. ” — Dan Beltramo, CEO, AirPR.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What’s next for WaddsCon: May report and future events

Stephen Waddington

The May edition of WaddsCon covered a range of topics from the COVID-19 impact on client/agency relations to the impact on print, and from measurement frameworks to professionalism in public relations. It is an innovative means of internal engagement that often spills out onto social media. You can catchup with the replay on YouTube.

Report 203
article thumbnail

PR must grow up and appreciate the value of qualifications, learning and research

Stephen Waddington

These include value, measurement, gender, BAME diversity and the reputation of the industry itself. Qualifications, continuous learning and a mature community of practice that engage theory and practice are among the hallmarks of a mature profession. We’ve published the fifth edition of the book this week.

article thumbnail

Measuring Metrics: What’s the Formula for Showcasing PR’s Value?

Cision

Measuring metrics in the social sphere is only half of the equation when it comes to showcasing PR’s value. According to Jim Sterne’s book Social Media Metrics , all companies focus on one, or a combination of three basic business objectives. Determine How to Measure Your Metrics. Don’t get stuck in measuring the tools.

article thumbnail

More on PR2020: social media activism, internal comms resurgence, storytelling and professionalism

Stephen Waddington

There were some clear misses in my original essay: social media activism, internal communications, storytelling and professionalism in PR. Social media activism: brands don’t listen In 2012 Steve Earl and I wrote a book called Brand Anarchy. This is the story told by Robert McKeen and Thomas Gerace in their book Storynomics.

article thumbnail

Book Review of Outside Insight book: Understanding (and navigating) Data within the Media Landscape

Karen Freberg

I have been using Meltwater in my PR and Crisis Communication class ( #FrebergPR ) this semester, and it has been one of the best decisions. The community in which Carol Ann Vance (Director of University Relations for Meltwater) and her team has created with #MeltwaterEDU has been vibrant and extremely rewarding. Wealth of examples.

Data 42