Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Media Remove Writing
article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Mysteries of Media Pitching on September 20th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET for an in-depth discussion on the mysteries of media pitching. You heard us: Media pitching. Content may be king, but if the PESO model has taught us anything, it’s that we need to integrate a number of distribution tactics into the communications mix in order to be consistently successful. PRStudChat. PRStudChat. PRStudChat.

Community 157
article thumbnail

The top 10 most-read blog posts on Sword and the Script in 2023

Sword and the Script

Blogs were raging. Social media was blossoming. And the media landscape was evolving. That next spring I started this blog, largely as a means of professional development. I could read about what was happening, test it out on my blog, and apply what I had learned to my daily job. That’s of course what I did.

Blogging 114
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

It can include social media, tip sheets, and emails, as well as paid promotions like native advertising and promoted posts on social platforms. However, blogging is one of the leading tools in any brand’s content marketing strategy. Since 2007, NYPL Blogs has showcased content that continues to inspire and educate a devoted audience.

Community 120
article thumbnail

9 Blogs To Make You PR-Smart

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

One of the best ways is to stay on top of key PR industry blogs as well as more general sites that offer a fresh take on business, creativity, and content. Why limit yourself to PR blogs when there’s a whole world of interesting stuff that can offer important information as well as increase specific skill sets? The Cision Blog.

Blogging 170
article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Earned Media & Media Relations In the old days, sending out press releases and then managing a Rolodex of media contacts could help PR pros to land earned media. Today, landing earned media in publications that resonate with target audiences is only one small part of the earned-media mix.

Training 195
article thumbnail

How to build a blog

Stephen Waddington

In the second Comms School session we explored third party and owned blogs, how to build a blog and post content, and making blogging a habit. The second session of Comms School got to grips with building a blog and making blogging a habit. Rachael Gordon Thanks to everyone who has joined us on a blogging journey.

article thumbnail

Integrating Owned and Earned Media

PRSay

Because the acronym begins with P (or paid media), everyone assumes that’s where a communications program grounded in the PESO Model begins. There are certainly exceptions to the rule but, in most cases, you want to begin with owned media, which is the cornerstone of your efforts. Start off by choosing a keyword.

Media 197