Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove Media Relations Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

2016 Global Social Journalism Study: How to Reach More Journalists on Social Media

Cision

Connecting with journalists via social media should be a no-brainer for any PR pro. According to Cision’s 2016 Global Social Journalism Study published this week, nearly half (48 percent) of U.S. journalists say they would be unable to carry out their work without social media.

article thumbnail

#measurePR Recap (May 2016): Measuring Media Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

The May edition of #measurePR brought together three fabulous guests who were ready to share their smarts on measuring media relations. Anne Isenhower a media relations expert and social media enthusiast who works with nonprofits and Fortune 500 CEOs. Here’s some of what we talked about. But it’s huge.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

15 Up-and-Coming PR and Social Media Marketers to Watch

Communications Conversations

Last week, I shared my news that I’ll be teaching social media at the University of St. Now, she’s crushing it at Best Buy in social media marketing. So, I asked a few key local leaders for up-and-coming social media or communications superstars they admire.

article thumbnail

Building a Community: The Next Frontier for Social Media Professionals

Karen Freberg

We are seeing more brands, professionals, and even enterprise audiences gravitate to creating their own communities. Why set up your own community? Keep in mind, you have to be active and willing to invest in this community. If you have an idea you want to get some insights on, ask your community.

article thumbnail

The top 10 most-read blog posts on Sword and the Script in 2023

Sword and the Script

Social media was blossoming. And the media landscape was evolving. In 2016, I decided to hang out a shingle and start my own business. 47] The largest PR and comms tech companies, along with many startups, are now controlled by PE firms; is this good for the PR community? Blogs were raging.

Blogging 114
article thumbnail

Are we still over-relying on media relations?

Communications Conversations

Something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately: Are we over-relying on media relations in PR? I’m talking about the broader scope of PR here–media relations, content marketing, social media marketing, community relations, etc. Social media marketing is not slowing down.

article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 189