article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

24, Chuck Todd of NBC’s “Meet the Press” shared his insights on the state of journalism and its future. It was refreshing to hear Todd’s optimistic vision for a future in which a more independent news media will regain the public’s trust and return to covering local communities with a sense of shared values.

Nonprofit 174
article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Joe S. Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

he worked as a television news reporter and editor in Asheville and Charlotte before transitioning into a PR career. where they both became active in the community, volunteering their time and expertise in organizations such as Thermal Belt Outreach Ministry and Polk County Historical Society. A native of Forest City, N.C.,

Ethics 166
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

#Leaders Listen Up: #Millennials Share what Gets their Attention on Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

At the same time, people are still watching network and cable television, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. Share personal community stories; go into the communities and get to know the social activists and well-known people who can create change. Use a writing style that’s personal or journal-style writing.

article thumbnail

How the public’s lack of trust in the media affects your company

Axia PR

In a recent survey conducted with Gallup, the group dedicated to supporting quality journalism and engaging communities found some shocking facts. One surprising finding was that participants ranked newspaper and television news lowest, next to Congress, among major institutions they trust.

Company 48
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Minnesota Timberwolves’ and Lynx’s Kirsten Wenker

Communications Conversations

I am the Senior Corporate Communications Manager for both teams, which means I handle all “off court” communications. As far as what I was most proud of, I’d have to say it was the new community relations program. You got your degree in journalism, like many in our field. Why or why not?

Sports 113
article thumbnail

Who Were The PR Winners And Losers of 2017?

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Samantha Guthrie and Hota Kotb announced Lauer’s sudden departure with grace and poignancy – in real time, on live television. After the election, most mainstream news organizations got busy reminding us why they’re needed with a renewed commitment to quality journalism. Mainstream media. The results were often ugly.

Airlines 180
article thumbnail

From Hollywood Red Carpets to Animal Advocacy, Jill Rappaport’s Journey

PR for Anyone

Her story begins with a twist, taking her from a dream of journalism to an unexpected job as an entertainment reporter. Jill’s mission began with telling Jack’s story on national television, showcasing his strength during his chemotherapy treatment.