Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Journalism Remove Television
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

24, Chuck Todd of NBC’s “Meet the Press” shared his insights on the state of journalism and its future. It was refreshing to hear Todd’s optimistic vision for a future in which a more independent news media will regain the public’s trust and return to covering local communities with a sense of shared values.

Nonprofit 172
article thumbnail

Earned Media: 3 PR Studies Quantifying the Impact of Media Relations on Sales [UML]

Sword and the Script

This is much greater than the per-event impacts of blog posts (90 new and 63 repeat sales) and community forum posts (99 new and 48 repeat sales). Specifically, the impacts of traditional earned media events on sales drop by 21% (new) and 23% (repeat) when online community activity cannot affect the other media variables.

Study 141
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

These are the local publishers getting engagement in the U.S. and U.K.

NewsWhip

tended to be the locally-affiliated television stations of the big cable networks, with eight of the top ten local publishers falling into that category. . Overall, it is obvious that telling stories of people and their interaction with their communities tends to be the most engaging type of content for local publishers.

Local 88
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With David Landis

Cision

When I worked in television (at KPIX TV, the CBS affiliate in San Francisco), the station had one fax machine. PR, social media, digital and marketing will continue to overlap, and the line between editorial and advertising will also continue to evolve. While journalism continues to shrink, PR will continue to grow.

Writing 120
article thumbnail

Journalism and News Trends for PR Pros

Cision

The revenue model for journalism is at best in flux, and at worst, in chaos. Subscriptions and advertising are down for most media, and there is no single model that can replace them across the sector. Serious journalism from unexpected sources. More data journalism. Check out the 2015 Global Social Journalism Study!

article thumbnail

Putting PR on the Table for Minority Students

PRSay

At the time, that meant I would likely end up doing some form of journalism. As I completed my core classes and was faced with declaring my minor, I heard about a new focus that was being offered in our program – a minor in Public Relations and Advertising. This sparked my interest and I made my decision to learn more about PR.

article thumbnail

Confusion, Technology and Talent in Marketing; Off Script #26: Frank Pollock on Fundamentals and What He’s Learned from Working in CPG

Sword and the Script

It’s equal parts learning, networking, sharing and giving back to the community. As it turns out, he got his start selling radio and television advertising and only later went to work in the CPG industry after earning an MBA. PR, marketing, sales and journalism. Want to be part of the Off Script series?