article thumbnail

Lessons for Western practitioners from India's public relations community

Wadds Inc.

The World PR Forum and PRAXIS conferences in India highlighted the focus of the Global South on professional development through qualifications, continuous learning, and community to advance public relations as a profession. The scale, energy and hospitality of the Indian public relations community is incredible.

article thumbnail

3 Steps to a Data-Driven Internal Communications Plan in 2021

PRSay

As you think about your internal communications plans for 2021, you must first recognize the challenges and changes that occurred in 2020. Often, a communication audit is recommended before starting any major yearly planning. The communication channels. Communication Sender Areas. Nobody plans to fail.

Internal 187
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
article thumbnail

Guide for International Students: How to Use Media for Studying Abroad

Deirdre Breakenridge

The project was first presented in Instagram, and rapidly gained popularity. Having the intention to move abroad is only the beginning for international students. I want to introduce five steps for an international student to go studying abroad from my perspective: Step 1: Get inspired to go abroad.

Study 164
article thumbnail

Community Management: Quit Herding Cats

Cision

If media relations is an arm of public relations, community management is another. A community grows your reach and influence. If those people like you and what you have to say, the community and loyalty grows. If those people like you and what you have to say, the community and loyalty grows. Where is it found?

Community 120
article thumbnail

10 Takeaways From PRSA’s 2018 International Conference

PRSay

Austin, Texas, was the backdrop for PRSA’s International Conference this past week. The theme: “Communications Convergence” covered a range of topics including conflicts, creativity and client relationships. What’s on the mind of PR professionals these days?

article thumbnail

International Perspectives From PRSA’s Global Affairs Committee

PRSay

We asked him how recent events have influenced international perceptions of the United States and its brands, and how the COVID-19 crisis has affected global communications. PepsiCo CEO Ramon Laguarta committed $400 million over five years to “to lift up Black communities and increase Black representation at PepsiCo.”.

Internal 100