Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Local Remove Newspapers
article thumbnail

How an underground high school newspaper led to a 10+ year blog

Communications Conversations

Last Saturday, there was a wonderful article in the Variety section of the Minneapolis Star Tribune about groups of kids who had started neighborhood newspapers during the pandemic. First, we need more local journalism–whether it’s professional or not. People want to learn more about their communities! The printing.

article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses PR, Twitter & Politics on Tuesday, October 11th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat Community will gather to discuss PR, Twitter and Politics from local cities to the state houses to the national government, all while reaching and communicating to a global audience focused on this year’s election. Is PR Right for me?” A follow up blog post by PR 2.0 Read more.

Twitter 293
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Local Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree.

Local 60
article thumbnail

Is Traditional Media Still Relevant in PR?

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

As more of us get our news digitally, newspapers have taken the hardest hit; however, the estimated total US daily newspaper circulation (print and digital combined) in 2022 was 20.9 Content Authenticity Statement: 90% of this blog article was generated by me, a human.

Media 102
article thumbnail

Facebook is local media

Stephen Waddington

Facebook pages and groups are replacing local media according to research from Braintree, Essex. By Dan Slee If there’s one thing I can tell you it’s that Facebook groups and pages in a local area are huge. Exploring a community In September last year I set about counting the Facebook groups and pages in Braintree. A lot huge.

Local 60
article thumbnail

Public Relations Skills

PR for Anyone

As a real estate agent, it’s important to be the “famous” agent in your community. Getting local media coverage makes you a star in your community. This is a free media query service where media outlets are looking for sources and quotes for national magazine articles, television shows, newspapers, and blogs.

article thumbnail

Online newsroom makes college a community information hub

Presspage

With newspapers and TV stations shrinking their staffs these days, how does an organization get attention for its events and accomplishments? That means it’s a hub of academic activity as well as a resource for a community that is both a tourist attraction and center of industry on the Gulf Coast, Eddleman says. ”