Remove 2021 Remove Community Remove Social Media Remove Storytelling
article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Originally Published August 23, 2017; Updated August 9, 2021 ; Updated November 2023 PR is always evolving. Whether you’re a new PR assistant or the Director of Communications, the core of your job revolves around using news and content to put forth your brand’s desired messaging. Relationship building takes time.

Training 195
article thumbnail

5 Essentials For PR Campaigns Tied To Holidays

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Or, is it a campaign to position a business as a caring member of the community? Identify relevant metrics such as social media engagement, website conversions, or revenue attributed to earned coverage. Ensuring content, visuals, and storytelling align with the theme and spirit of the occasion are essential.

Examples 293
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 lessons from 10 years of teaching social media

Karen Freberg

Happy 2021! As we start the spring semester, I realized that it has officially been 10 years since I started teaching a social media class. Honestly, the time flew by and it seems like yesterday I came to UofL from my PhD at the University of Tennessee, where I was asked to create and execute a social media class.

article thumbnail

Running Corporate Communications and Social Media

wiredPRworks

Does managing social media sometimes feel like running a marathon? Listen in as Allan Schoenberg, Chief Communications Officer at Vinson & Elkins, shares lessons from his job as a top communicator and his passion for running to help you enjoy your job more, stress less, and keep running in the race we call social media marketing.

article thumbnail

The 21 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Originally Published August 23, 2017; Updated August 9, 2021. Whether you’re a new PR assistant or the Director of Communications, the core of your job revolves around using news and content to put forth your brand’s desired messaging. Owned Media & Content Strategy. Multimedia Development & Visual Storytelling.

Training 370
article thumbnail

5 Solo PR Pros Share Their Predictions for the PR Industry in 2021

Solo PR Pro

There’s a whole community of like minded people you can lean on. 5 solo PR pros share their predictions for the PR industry in 2021. Unfortunately, it took shut-downs, and seismic shifts of 2020 for many in the C-suite recognize the critical value of consistent communications to internal and external audiences.

article thumbnail

Tackling bias in how we create and tell stories

Stephen Waddington

The Institute of Development Studies has developed guidelines for inclusive storytelling. Natalie Orringe, head of communications and engagement, Institute of Development Studies Statues, the Royals, gender identity, rainbow flags. The consultation was distilled into our IDS ethical content guidelines 2021.