Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Facebook Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

Reputation on social media – Comms must own it or lose it

NewsWhip

These folks are fully tuned into the emerging interplay between media and social media. They also use quantified data to inform their strategy and media planning, taking a “moneyball” approach. . Their work is capital “M” media not social media – that’s for the marketing guys on the 11th floor.

article thumbnail

Social media certifications for 2020

Karen Freberg

One of the areas that is gaining of course a lot of focus in the social media space is the area of certifications and additional training. Incorporating social media certifications is a constant element in all social media classes – but the question always is – which one(s) do you assign?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

15 Up-and-Coming PR and Social Media Marketers to Watch

Communications Conversations

Last week, I shared my news that I’ll be teaching social media at the University of St. Now, she’s crushing it at Best Buy in social media marketing. So, I asked a few key local leaders for up-and-coming social media or communications superstars they admire. They had to be younger than 30.

article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

It can include social media, tip sheets, and emails, as well as paid promotions like native advertising and promoted posts on social platforms. And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. How can you add value to them?

Community 120
article thumbnail

The Financial Drain of Misinformation

PRSay

It is not just individuals looking to profit from dishonest communication practices. Shifting dynamics in the investment community have opened new opportunities to make money off the spread of misinformation. Invest in social listening. Stop funding fake news. Improve numerical, statistical and data literacy.

Financial 192
article thumbnail

Are we nearing the social media convergence event horizon?

PR in High Definition

In August, there was uproar in the social media world over Instagram’s new ‘story’ feature. Although Facebook might be seen as the ‘grandpa’ of the social networks today, it has a major innovation trump card in its ownership of VR headset Oculus Rift. The post Are we nearing the social media convergence event horizon?

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.