article thumbnail

PR Tips and Hacks for a Small Business

The Proactive Report

I was invited to be a panelist on the DesignHill webinar about PR for small businesses today. Every small business owner is concerned about the bottom line. That, after all, is what business is all about – profit. LinkedIn has groups for almost any type of business, interest, or profession. And we had fun.

article thumbnail

5 Simple Ways Small Businesses Can Ace Social Listening in 2019

Waxing UnLyrical

Big business bureaucracy stifles B2C communication. Small businesses on the other hand, are like the local government, they’re closer to consumers. Identify Relevant Groups, Communities. Groups and communities enhance the feeling of community , which is core to social media.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Digital Marketing and Storytelling Speaker Transforms Fables into Fortunes for Small Business and Nonprofits

wiredPRworks

Build your business in the right direction AND. Captivate key communities? How would your business, and your life, change? Founded in 1990, CoryWest Media is a creative innovation consultancy that works with its clients to attract attention, build brands, and captivate communities in 4D. What if you could effortlessly.

article thumbnail

Brand conversations during COVID-19

Stephen Waddington

Businesses in lockdown The lockdown has had a dramatic impact on entertainment, events, retail, travel and transport. Businesses in these markets have cut costs and sought government help in order to survive the crisis. Jack Munroe, food writer, journalist and activist is helping her community cook its way through lockdown.

Brand 157
article thumbnail

Lockdown letter: brainstorming second order COVID-19 effects

Stephen Waddington

Government The digital democracy has been a long time coming - democracy will finally digitise, both in central and local government, and citizen voting. Regional devolution - Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and many local councils in England have opted for a different response to the Government’s release of lockdown.

Tourism 118
article thumbnail

Guest Post: How Twitter Became My Platform of Choice

Deirdre Breakenridge

We joined the worldwide movement, “Everyone Should Learn to Code” with a community outreach program, #EveryoneCanCreateApps. When I obtain a new client, I research and read everything about the company, including news stories, twitter feeds, and industry-specific communication. Using Twitter makes me smarter.

Twitter 208
article thumbnail

Social Media Education: Q&A with the CEO of the National Institute for Social Media (NISM)

Deirdre Breakenridge

Today, NISM works with training partners, companies, and individuals to build a community around social media education, training, community, and assessment. Typically marketing, communications, PR, advertising or related professionals would benefit from our certification process and our ongoing education programs.