article thumbnail

Social media updates: Instagram expands stickers; Facebook meets backlash and LinkedIn tests a discovery feed

Prohibition

2022 has been a busy year so far for social media changes and updates, with significant shifts being made frequently on every platform. We’ve zoned in on the most significant recent changes that will impact upcoming social media activity. Take a look at our round-up below! Instagram implements an array of reel updates.

Instagram 117
article thumbnail

The Evolution of Multimedia Across Social Media

Cision

As a young boy, I thought, now I can make films. I took the film to be developed and returned with a 3-minute reel. Every innovation in social media goes through a similar growth cycle. Live video is changing both the tone of social media and how we interact with it. That felt so empowering, ” said Comm.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Ahead of the Academy Awards, Marketing Wisdom From the ‘Barbie’ Blockbuster

PRSay

The “Barbie” film is empowering women of all identities as they reclaim Barbie as a symbol of inclusivity. Ahead of the Academy Awards ceremony on March 10, when “Barbie” is up for several awards, including Best Picture, let’s reflect on the film’s marketing campaign to extract valuable insights for practitioners.

Film 127
article thumbnail

A Journey of Pro-Aging and Reinvention with Diane Britt-Smith

PR for Anyone

The Broadcasting Years Diane has gained a multifaceted skill set with her extensive background that includes radio, television, film, communications, and broadcasting. Among her favorites are narratives focused on polio eradication and HIV/AIDS mitigation, where she witnessed the resilience of communities facing significant challenges.

article thumbnail

Insights on Working With Deaf Talent in Media and Communications

PRSay

CODA” became the first film with a predominantly deaf cast to win the honor while cast member Troy Kotsur was the first deaf male actor to win an Oscar. (Co-star Maria Monte de Rey, chair of the California Association of the Deaf Media Committee , moderated the panel that also featured Delbert Whetter , a film producer and consultant.

Film 155
article thumbnail

Blog Contest Winner: How The FEEL Model Can Get You Closer to Your Goals

Deirdre Breakenridge

If I remember correctly, I mentioned something to the effect of how the male protagonist (who happened to be white) was not the ‘savior’ of the film. And as I mentioned, deleting my social media accounts was one of the best decisions I could do for my mental health, and on a smaller scale, my personal life. I hated it.

Blogging 239
article thumbnail

How Pioneers in Skirts Ran a Successful Kickstarter Campaign…and Beyond!

Deirdre Breakenridge

A documentary film depends on individuals, foundations and businesses to help fund it – and the process of applying and appealing is always ongoing. Knowing that Kickstarters are also important for getting more eyes on the film itself, I did my best to help increase awareness of, and drive excitement for, the film and its Kickstarter.

Film 150