Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Sports
article thumbnail

Teamwork Is a Contact Sport

Waxing UnLyrical

in team sports. The modern-day work environment doesn’t do a whole lot to help the situation either , especially for those of us who work in public relations and find ourselves communicating more and more via social media platforms. Social media interaction isn’t exactly a team sport. I can have a good idea.

Sports 40
article thumbnail

Fixing the broken web

Stephen Waddington

It’s the start of an important conversation about how communicators tackle disinformation and fix the broken web. The internet provided a means for people to connect and communicate with each other, irrespective of location. The web and the internet have enabled communities to form around an organisation, topic or issue.

Web 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Meeting CIPR President candidate Mandy Pearse

Stephen Waddington

I valued Mandy’s counsel on CIPR Governance issues and engagement with public sector communications communities during my time as President in 2014. As an MBA holder she’s among a group of practitioners that have been driving communications at board level for more than two decades. Ethical communication is at the heart of this.

Meeting 96
article thumbnail

15 Up-and-Coming PR and Social Media Marketers to Watch

Communications Conversations

I’ve watched them both grow into fabulous communicators and leaders! So, I asked a few key local leaders for up-and-coming social media or communications superstars they admire. I give you 15 up-and-coming social media and communications rock stars! Thomas classroom many years ago. They had to be younger than 30.

article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Tackling fake news and disinformation: an ethical issue that strikes at the heart of practice 6. Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. That’s thanks to you.

article thumbnail

Recap Part I: #PRStudChat Discusses PR Education & Learning

Deirdre Breakenridge

I have been teaching communication/public relations courses for a decade, if you include the earlier years when I was a Teaching Assistant at Syracuse University and the University of Maryland. Most schools offer the basic courses such as Introduction to PR, Writing, Research, Campaigns, Case Studies, and Crisis Communications.

Education 150
article thumbnail

Importance of a PR Degree and How to Use a Public Relations Degree

5W PR

These include strategic planning and communication, new and social media, organizational planning, broadcasting, as well as media relations and writing. The good news is that the demand for PR professionals like you is high and the time is now. Some PR folks who work for companies also volunteer to do similar work at a small, local nonprofit.