Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove Digital PR Remove Measurement
article thumbnail

2018: The Year the Community and Conversation Influencer Model Got Real

PR News

At this week’s PR News Measurement Conference in Philadelphia, there was a lot of talk about moving away from a media relations-based “coverage model” of communications toward a “community and conversation influencer” model, in which the communications focus is on community building among select influencers.

article thumbnail

Is it Shortsighted Not to Host Your Own Blog?

Waxing UnLyrical

Alison Kenney asked this question yesterday in a Facebook group I belong to: “When it comes to your own website, do you think a blog is a must?” ” You’re reading this blog on a business website, so you already know what my answer is. Why do people ask whether or not you should host your own blog?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Public Relations vs Marketing

Doctor Spin

Some organisations have Communications Departments for their public relations needs and some have Marketing Departments for their promotional needs. In this blog post, let’s look at the differences between public relations and marketing. It also involves crisis communication to mitigate damage to the company’s reputation.

article thumbnail

Event Sustainability — The Triple Bottom Line

Landis PR

Photo courtesy of Pixabay Note: This is a reposted blog by our Public Relations Global Network Partner, Danielle Dickinson – The Castle Group. For the original blog, please visit here. Both TBL and ESG are frameworks to measure the sustainability of a company, and each play an important role in event planning.

article thumbnail

PR Tips and Hacks for a Small Business

The Proactive Report

You can create your own groups on social media and build a community of engaged followers. I recently built a Facebook community for a small business that operates in a narrow healthcare niche and we have attracted over 20 000 really engaged followers in just under 2 years. And they paid $500 a month for strategy and measurement.

article thumbnail

Data, Analytics and the Everyday Practice of PR

The Proactive Report

Build a community of like-minded individuals who have an affinity for your brand and know, accept, understand, and support the organization. Get the Digital PR Tips newsletter each week. Craft messaging that resonates with different audiences. Deliver that message to the right people, in the right place, at the right time.

Analytics 127
article thumbnail

Reflexivity Memo on PR practice from craft skills to education. A case of ‘plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose’.

PR Conversations

Yet the rapid growth in global use of the Internet, followed by popularity of social media platforms, gave rise to blogging, citizen journalism, and user-generated content. These developments also gave life to what was known at the time as ‘digital PR’ or ‘E-PR’. I’m not convinced this has happened.