Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. Meltwater gamifies customer community. Content picks PR ethics. Trust but verify.

Analysis 147
article thumbnail

How 2020 Has Highlighted the Importance of Being Open and Honest

PRSay

We’re only halfway through 2020, but the year has already ushered in a once-in-a-century pandemic and a world-altering movement to dismantle systemic racism. So what do the rapid changes of 2020 mean for your organization? For many, it should mean refocusing on the importance of being open and transparent.

System 157
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. The PR 2020 project was based on interviews with PR practitioners throughout the UK and the outlook for the forthcoming decade. They are all issues that will occupy us all in 2020. Issues in practice 1. She always improves my work.

article thumbnail

Challenges and changes for PR in 2021

Stephen Waddington

In short, 2020 into 2021 has been tough and, while there is most definitely light at the end of the tunnel, patterns have emerged that have changed and will continue to change forever the industry and how we practice communications.

article thumbnail

#Leaders Listen Up: #Millennials Share what Gets their Attention on Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

workforce by 2020. I’ve been speaking with Millennials for the last six months, conducting one-on-one interviews as a part of my FEEL First before you communicate , Millennial passion project. Share personal community stories; go into the communities and get to know the social activists and well-known people who can create change.

article thumbnail

Get a Big Picture of the PR Landscape with these Notes from 10 Industry Surveys

Sword and the Script

Some of the studies are surveys I’ve helped field, like the annual JOTW survey , however, most are by contributors or organizations from around the community. Recently I went back through all the write-ups I’ve published on surveys and boiled the results down to these ten. These lay out a pretty good picture of the PR landscape.

Survey 96
article thumbnail

10 Best Speaker Quotes from MAICON

PR 20/20

Grab a pen and paper and write down what you stand for. During a panel surrounding Ethics and Artificial Intelligence, RJ Taylor kept it simple. Mark Your Calendar: MAICON 2020. We’re already looking forward to MAICON 2020. Join us again next year in Cleveland, July 14-16, 2020. Did you hear the news?