Remove 2017 Remove Community Remove Employee Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. I believe the generative AI is based on OpenAI technology, which makes ChatGPT.

Analysis 144
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Importance of PR Skills in a Hyper-Globalized World

PRSay

Given that apparent lack of ethics — and the fact that Japanese companies are largely staffed with life-long employees, making it very difficult to bring in new blood and facilitate change — observers might have expected Nissan to simply cut its ties with Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi’s history of scandals suggested an unethical corporate culture.

Ethics 264
article thumbnail

The Most Epic PR Fails of 2017

Barokas

The rapid rate at which information is flows via social is probably why 2017 had some of the most epic PR fails of all time. After the incident, which everyone still has engrained in their minds, United’s corporate spokespeople resorted to an extremely legalistic approach, claiming the airline’s employees followed standard procedures.

Crisis 76
article thumbnail

The PR Winners And Losers Of 2021

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

they weren’t even integrated into the iPhone until 2017. Its 2021 crisis was precipitated in December when founder Vishal Garg fired 900 Better.com employees on a Zoom call, just ahead of a $750 million injection by SoftBank. Employee reaction was also fierce, culminating in a walkout to protest the situation. Better.com.

Facebook 310
article thumbnail

The Financial Drain of Misinformation

PRSay

The bulk of this loss comes from stock market volatility stemming from financial disinformation campaigns, but the widespread proliferation of misinformation has also forced companies and organizations to increase spending on reputation management, brand safety, employee health and wellness, and crisis communication efforts.

Financial 192
article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. I see a few things.

Marketing 189