article thumbnail

A Focus on History: Q&A With Former White House Photographer Pete Souza

PRSay

While the Oval Office was Pete Souza’s favorite place to take photos inside the White House, he also enjoyed being on the road and traveling to different locations. Souza is a speaker at PRSA’s Travel and Tourism Conference, held June 20-23, 2023, at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wis.

Travel 67
article thumbnail

Newsprint in pain as COVID-19 bites, so what’s next?

Stephen Waddington

Newspaper circulation during the COVID-19 crisis has been hit by as much as a third by newsagents closing and a reduction in footfall on the high street, across travel hubs and in supermarkets. There are similar stories unfolding at local newspaper companies JPI Media and Newsquest. A fifth of the staff will be furloughed.

Print 102
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Talking About the Great Outdoors: Q&A With Acclaimed Storyteller Baratunde Thurston

PRSay

Thurston is a speaker at PRSA’s Travel and Tourism Conference, held June 20-23, at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wis. When the show was gearing up, I got texts from friends all over the country sending me screenshots of mailers and newspaper inserts with my face on them.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Cristina Commendatore, Editor in Chief of FleetOwner

Bianchi Biz Blog

That was my first experience really using social media and the publication’s website to break news and keep residents in the community informed. Our newspaper ended up winning an award for our reporting. I got my start in journalism in 2008, working for a weekly newspaper in Connecticut called The Middlebury Bee-Intelligencer.

Meeting 59
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Pitching Success – When PR Stands for “Personal” Relations

Deirdre Breakenridge

When I started out in PR, my focus was building relationships with the media who were mostly print journalists at newspapers and trade publications. After all, back in the day, working with a newspaper reporter was completely different than coordinating with a radio show producer. In the late 1980s, the media was cut and dry.

Pitching 150
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Mary Gannon, Editor-in-Chief of Fluid Power World & Senior Editor at Design World

Bianchi Biz Blog

As the face of our brand, I am responsible for traveling to industry events and networking with our readers, advertisers and others. I have been in journalism or PR for 25 years — I went to Boston University for journalism and upon graduation, I worked as a business reporter for a local daily newspaper on the outside of Cleveland.

Meeting 72
article thumbnail

All Hotels Need a PR Plan

5W PR

In small communities near a significant tourist attraction, there are built-in approaches that can be shared on websites and social media. Share stories on social media about events in the community, local places to visit, annual festivals, even who the best local teachers are for skiing, swimming, snorkeling, and surfing.

Hotels 74