Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Employee Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

More on PR2020: social media activism, internal comms resurgence, storytelling and professionalism

Stephen Waddington

Thank you to everyone who sent me feedback on my essay on the future of PR via email or social media. There were some clear misses in my original essay: social media activism, internal communications, storytelling and professionalism in PR. Social media activism is only possible because brands don’t listen.

article thumbnail

Conference Recap: Reaching Rural Americans, Preventing Social Media Crises and Using the PESO Model

PRSay

8–10: Breaking Misconceptions About Communicating With Rural Americans. When PR professionals target people in poor, rural communities, relying on stereotypes and misconceptions often hinders their campaigns, said Deana Rachelle Haworth, M.A., 10, titled “ Rural Reach: Strategic Communication With Rural and Low Income Audiences.”

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

2012, May 17). Southwest Airlines employees celebrate passenger’s 104th birthday. Baer offers practical strategies for engaging dissatisfied customers across various channels, including social media, review websites, and customer support interactions. Run a social media contest and reward user-generated content.

article thumbnail

Earned Media: 3 PR Studies Quantifying the Impact of Media Relations on Sales [UML]

Sword and the Script

Because these external award announcements have an effect on employees! How to Generate Media Referenceable B2B Customers with a Blog. 2) Earned media can drive sales. There are other studies that have shown a more direct correlation between earned media on sales. Does this mean you should fire off a dozen press releases?

Study 139
article thumbnail

I Sold PR 20/20, but That’s Just the Start of the Story

PR 20/20

Blue Cypress is also the lead investor in our sister company, Marketing AI Institute , which raised a $1M seed round earlier this year to help advance the understanding and adoption of artificial intelligence within the marketing industry and broader business community. That tagline has never been more relevant than it is today.

article thumbnail

7 Rules for a New Era of Communications

PRSay

Works like Daniel Kahneman’s “Thinking Fast and Slow” (2011) and Jonathan Haidt’s “The Righteous Mind” (2012) show that they — and our target audiences — are not. Add to this the fact that social media has made audiences more cynical, and in this unprecedented time, we need new rules for communication. BlackLivesMatter.”.

article thumbnail

Industry Consolidation Continues Among PR Vendors; PR Tech Sum: Onclusive, SocialChorus, Teletrax, iQ Media, Agility PR Solutions

Sword and the Script

Vocus owned or acquired brands like PRWeb, Help A Reporter Out (HARO), iContact, and several lesser-known social media technologies. I’ll include news from the PR vendor community and review and curate content they produce ( like this ). million in venture capital, in four rounds of funding since 2012, according to Crunchbase.