Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Media Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Media relations is thriving

Stephen Waddington

Media relations remains an important part of the execution of a public relations campaign alongside paid, shared and owned media. Much of the modern public relations business grew up out of media relations and publicity, rooted in storytelling and editorial engagement. Media relations needs to be two-way.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

This Semrush Acquisition of Backlinko hits PR, SEO and Content Marketing Trifecta [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

HARO, as it’s known colloquially, was an ad-support email newsletter that sent media opportunities from 30,000 reporters and bloggers to a subscriber list of 100,000 PR pros and small businesses. Agility was a media database owned by PR Newswire. Case in point? In 2010, Vocus acquired the Help a Reporter.

SEO 139
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Erica Schueller, Editorial Director, Commercial Vehicle Group at Endeavor Business Media

Bianchi Biz Blog

I am the editorial director, Commercial Vehicle Group at Endeavor Business Media. Additionally, I still write, and will take on event coverage or feature assignments. I really enjoy writing stories where people share their experiences or perspective. You can follow Erica on social media at: Twitter – @cv_eschueller.

Groups 55
article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

He developed a love of sports and print media at a young age, and set off to the University of Florida to pursue a degree in journalism. I saw that the media could be a lot more exciting than typing on a laptop,” he says. Crossing over from broadcast media to PR. Unexpectedly, the station asked him to start immediately.

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

5 Proven Ways PR can Develop Client Media References in B2B Organizations

Sword and the Script

Media references tend to take a back seat to the mad pace that is often B2B marketing. Media references are hard for several reasons. Make it safe and easy: they talk – you write – they edit and approve (this would work for a podcast too). Once this channel of communications is open, work on it over time and stay in touch.

B2B 78
article thumbnail

8 Ways to Differentiate Your Brand on Twitter in 2016

Cision

To complicate matters, sometimes customers will vent on social media about you without tagging you for resolution. The best advice for content distribution on Twitter in 2016 comes from 2009. Showcase your media using Twitter Cards. Player Card: A Card to provide video/audio/media. Repeat your Tweets.

Twitter 120