article thumbnail

The Science of the Tweet: The Dos and Don’ts for #SciComm on Twitter

Deirdre Breakenridge

Twitter is one of the most promising social media platforms for science communication. I’ve met and worked with a multitude of scientists and professional communicators who swear by the use of Twitter for #scicomm. The hashtag is one of the most powerful tools you can use on Twitter. Know some trending hashtags.

Twitter 347
article thumbnail

Effectively Engage and Build Your Community Through Podcasting

Deirdre Breakenridge

It’s a crowded field to be sure, but it also offers an excellent, and even underused, opportunity for businesses to increase engagement with its community. Think of your community when podcasting instead of focusing solely on promotion. This affords businesses the opportunity to interact with its community in real-time.

Community 206
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: How Twitter Became My Platform of Choice

Deirdre Breakenridge

We joined the worldwide movement, “Everyone Should Learn to Code” with a community outreach program, #EveryoneCanCreateApps. Since it wasn’t resonating with editors, I decided to try Twitter. Determined to get results, I taught myself Twitter in one weekend. Using Twitter makes me smarter. I was hooked.

Twitter 208
article thumbnail

3 Ways to Expand Your Reach Within the Hispanic Community

Cision

While many people who identify as Hispanic in the United States receive their news in English, that trend may be due to a lack of Spanish translations rather than a desire to consume news in English. For instance, big cities tend to have larger Hispanic communities, which affects the volume and type of media consumption.

Community 225
article thumbnail

NewsWhip announces a strategic partnership with LinkedIn, providing real-time insights into trending topics on Company Pages

NewsWhip

From today, NewsWhip users will be able to spot trends and find story ideas by accessing the most viewed Company Page posts in many work topics on LinkedIn. With a global community of more than 985 million professio nals and more than 67 million Company Pages, LinkedIn is the platform for work conversations.

article thumbnail

What Elon Musk’s Twitter Acquisition Means for Communications

Shift Communications

All eyes are on Twitter and Elon Musk. Is Twitter dying? We’ve admittedly seen some of Twitter’s impact for brands diminish. We’ve admittedly seen some of Twitter’s impact for brands diminish. Still, he spent $44 billion on Twitter, with plans to “unlock its extraordinary potential.” Advertising landscape changes.

Twitter 88
article thumbnail

Social media updates: Instagram simplifies content creation, X=Twitter and TikTok explores AI

Prohibition

Amid the Twitter rebrand and AI’s infiltration of all areas of marketing, there’s a lot going on in the world of social media. Instagram simplifies content creation Instagram is rolling out new features on Reels that will make it easier for brands to jump on trends, increase reach and edit videos.