article thumbnail

CASE STUDY - Using current events to land in the media

PR for Anyone

Why this pitch appealed to the media : Nurse Curry serves a local community, Hampton Roads, Virginia. She provided local resources and her expertise as to how people in her community can care for their elderly loved ones. So seniors play a very important role in our communities today. Right, you know, you got Facebook.

article thumbnail

New Year Resolutions for the Social PR Pro

Waxing UnLyrical

Some easy ways to do this: Lists of any kind (Twitter, Facebook, etc.). Get involved with a community or two – and pay attention to what people are saying to really participate. It’s when you’re part of a community that you know what people are hoping for… and can help them out. Fall in love.

Skype 40
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Optimize: a Discussion with Lee Odden [Video]

Waxing UnLyrical

” That is where you integrate social principles and a community element into content marketing – and to which you naturally apply good SEO principles – to grow a business that flourishes through attraction and engagement. Twitter Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Optimize: a Discussion with Lee Odden [Video].

Video 79
article thumbnail

Mother’s Day Gift Ideas: #thoughtfulgifting

Waxing UnLyrical

The quality is usually far better than Skype, and the prices can’t be beat. area, she loves helping for- and non-profit clients, both small and large, turn corporate codswallop into community cool™. Twitter Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Mother’s Day Gift Ideas: #thoughtfulgifting. There’s nothing like a card.

Skype 40
article thumbnail

How People Made 2010 What It Was

Waxing UnLyrical

Thanks to Skype, I kept my phone bill down, and was able to talk regularly not just with my family but with friends all around the world as well. Comment as pts moderator Donna Schwartze Getting info Pending approval share On Facebook On Twitter flag Delete Hide Unhide Ban user New! After nine years, I finally saw my sister again.

article thumbnail

When Clocks And Calendars Collide

Waxing UnLyrical

Google, Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Amplify, are the here and now. Suburban solitude, domesticity, neatly-numbered blocks, are the here and now. Discordant, concordant, flamboyant, triumphant jamborees of sound, color, bustle, dust, life, are the there and then. These fine folk did: Jan. 24 : Whats Next DC , Washington, DC Feb.

Skype 51
article thumbnail

Powwowing With Pepco on Social Media

Waxing UnLyrical

It took us a few tries before we could find a time that worked for both of us, but we finally got down to chatting on Skype. Comment as pts moderator pepcoandDChater Getting info Pending approval share On Facebook On Twitter flag Delete Hide Unhide Ban user New! Completely. Click here to try reconnecting the live stream. |