Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Internal
article thumbnail

Professional Conflict of Interest: Failure to Disclose Erodes Client’s Trust

PRSay

The college intern who had been working with the agency on my company’s account that summer was the son of the CEO of our biggest competitor. The competitor’s CEO and our intern had the same fairly common last name. The competitor’s CEO and our intern had the same fairly common last name. Yes, said the intern.

Ethics 181
article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Craig Toyoki Miyamoto, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

Craig Toyoki Miyamoto, APR, Fellow PRSA, an active member of the Hawaiian PR community and a former member of the PRSA Board of Directors, died on Feb. Many in Hawaii, whether PR professionals or community members, looked up to Miyamoto as a mentor and friend. 25 in Honolulu. He served on the PRSA Board of Directors in 1997-98.

Ethics 147
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The ethical challenges of weaponized communication – Elizabeth Edwards

Ethical Voices

She discusses a number of important issues, including: The ethical challenges of weaponized communication. I have a degree in Organizational Communication, then applied that first working in the space division of Boeing, back when the International Space Station was still on the ground and being built.

Ethics 75
article thumbnail

#FuturePRoof podcast: an afternoon snifter

Stephen Waddington

Fake news has become a catch all term for any ethical issue that impacts the media or public relations. Consumers need to keep their wits about them when they consume media; journalists and public relations practitioners need to work to ethical standards; and technology platforms also have a part to play in tackling the issue.

Ethics 108
article thumbnail

PR Glossary: 30 Key Terms and Insights Every Professional Should Know

Newsfile

PR professionals balance these media types to maximize brand exposure and credibility: Paid Media : Content promoted through advertising (e.g., It assesses sustainability practices, social impact, and ethical governance PR professionals collaborate with internal teams to compile ESG data and communicate it transparently to stakeholders.

Viral 52
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Tackling fake news and disinformation: an ethical issue that strikes at the heart of practice 6. Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers.

article thumbnail

It Is About Helping People – Sandy Young

Ethical Voices

She has spent her career in PR agencies with a penchant for crisis communications. Sandy discusses a number of important ethics issues, including: What to do ethically when a reporter wants to showcase a vulnerable person. The ethics of how we are covering Kanye West. How to handle PR with asylum seekers.

Ethics 50