article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Joins Together for “Ethics – The Heart of Leadership” Twitter Discussion on September 13th

Deirdre Breakenridge

September is PRSA Ethics Month and #PRStudChat will be holding an ethics discussion on Tuesday, September 13th at 8:30 p.m. Our community of PR students, educators and pros will join together for a dynamic Twitter chat on “Ethics – The Heart of Leadership.”

Ethics 268
article thumbnail

A Case for Marketing Ethics

Mindful Marketing

So, I was surprised recently when a student waited until others had left, then said, “Hey, Dr. Hagenbuch, I have a question about an ethical issue.” However, his colleagues might not be receptive to such a blunt rebuke and indictment of their character, particularly not from an intern.

Ethics 94
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Unlocking the strategic potential of internal communications

Wadds Inc.

As organisations manage a complex business landscape, the internal communications function can demonstrate its value as a strategic management function. My focus as a public relations practitioner and management researcher is on elevating the internal communications function's role in management. At Wadds Inc.

article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted? The most difficult ethical challenge for me occurred following the Pulse nightclub tragedy in 2016. I was working for Orange County government and I led the communications team through a nightmare week.

Ethics 91
article thumbnail

Bringing True, Ethical Authenticity to Multicultural Communications – Jennifer Gonzalez

Ethical Voices

Jen and I are colleagues, and we had a great ethics discussion recently, so I invited her to be a guest. I also provide guidance in general as to how to bring more diversity, equity, and inclusion values into all the work we do as marketers and communicators. What is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted at work?

Ethics 72
article thumbnail

How Can Businesses Create A More Ethical Environment – Erica Salmon Byrne

Ethical Voices

She was one of the first people I interviewed when Ethical Voices launched in 2019, and I figured it was time to have her back, particularly because Ethisphere recently released an updated list of the World’s Most Ethical companies. What are the top ethics issues facing companies? It has a couple of component pieces.

Ethics 70
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

BuzzSumo edges into PR with journalist database for SMBs; Poppulo adds generative AI for internal comms; why don’t PR software vendors follow basic PR standard practices? Poppulo adds generative AI for internal comms Poppulo, which develops an internal comms platform called Harmony, said it embedded generative AI into its platform.

Analysis 143