Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove How To Remove Publicity
article thumbnail

ICON 2023 Preview: Award-Winning Journalist Michele Norris on Discussing Race and Creating Community

PRSay

With a distinguished decade-long tenure as the host of National Public Radio’s “All Things Considered” and a thought-provoking role as a Washington Post Opinions columnist, Norris helps unravel entrenched beliefs on race, diversity, and bias while empowering her audiences to engage in difficult conversations within their communities.

Community 171
article thumbnail

Is Public Relations Management a Technology? [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Summary of monthly PR tech news: Muck Rack focuses on public relations management; Prowly enhances media database; new execs at Meltwater and Signal AI The term “public relations management” sounds like an advanced college class but shaping up for something else. Most draw analogy to customer relationship management, or CRM.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

How People Made 2010 What It Was

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali How People Made 2010 What It Was December 31st, 2010 Tweet Just a few more hours before we put our 2010 calendars away and start our New Year, eh? My, time flies.

article thumbnail

How To Become A Public Relations Star

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali How To Become A Public Relations Star December 14th, 2010 Tweet Guest post by Mike Doman I recently had the pleasure of sitting on the admissions panel for a PR course.

article thumbnail

This Semrush Acquisition of Backlinko hits PR, SEO and Content Marketing Trifecta [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Buying a publication can be a faster path to developing an audience than building one organically. In 2010, Vocus acquired the Help a Reporter. Here’s another one: In 2013, the trade publication Bulldog Reporter was about to shutter after 30 years of covering PR news. Case in point? The terms of the deal were not disclosed.

SEO 132
article thumbnail

Ethical Issues in Merging the Science and Art of Public Relations: Aaron Kwittken

Ethical Voices

Ethical issues in merging the science and art of public relations. How augmented intelligence can help enhance our profession. How do we create belonging in a hybrid environment? I started in Washington DC in Public Affairs and Crisis Management. We don’t know how to work together. What’s the pushback?

Ethics 52