Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Newspapers
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

Already decimated by staff reductions, many print and broadcast newsrooms have been acquired by large corporations that are often more interested in online clicks and monetizing news than in factual reporting, Todd said. Todd posed some thought-provoking questions: Can a news organization be for-profit and still remain neutral?

Nonprofit 174
article thumbnail

Public Relations and the Press: A Powerful Partnership

PRSay

On April 27, Bloomberg published an inaccurate, one-sided piece titled “Public Relations Jobs Boom as Buffet Sees Newspapers Dying.”. As the article noted, billionaire investor Warren Buffet sees the traditional newspaper slipping away. But this, at the end of the day, is just promotion and advertising.

Publicity 147
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

6 Awesome Examples of How To Leverage Corporate History in Brand Storytelling

MaccaPR

Corporate histories are important to customers, employees, business partners, and community members. Your corporate story can prove that sound business decisions have been made along the way, pay respect to your employees, build goodwill, and demonstrate long-lasting corporate strength. Legos' Corporate History Video.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Mary Gannon, Editor-in-Chief of Fluid Power World & Senior Editor at Design World

Bianchi Biz Blog

As the face of our brand, I am responsible for traveling to industry events and networking with our readers, advertisers and others. I have been in journalism or PR for 25 years — I went to Boston University for journalism and upon graduation, I worked as a business reporter for a local daily newspaper on the outside of Cleveland.

Meeting 72
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

Public service media is failing the public Thank you My thanks to the following communities and individuals. The project has brought me into contact with a new community of more than 50 thinkers and doers. The #FuturePRoof community goes from strength-to-strength. She believes the same issues apply in advertising and PR.

article thumbnail

Get a Big Picture of the PR Landscape with these Notes from 10 Industry Surveys

Sword and the Script

Some of the studies are surveys I’ve helped field, like the annual JOTW survey , however, most are by contributors or organizations from around the community. Blogs, including independent and corporate blogs, can be credible. Advertising is a distant third. How much money do PR professionals earn? The results?

Survey 95
article thumbnail

What is PR? 141 PR and Comms Pros Explain What They Do for a Living

Sword and the Script

What is for sure is that a solid PR team is versatile and can expertly cover down on a broad number of functions: internal comms, external comms, executive comms, media relations, analyst relations, corporate social responsibility, thought leadership and marcom, and as I’ve long proposed, content marketing, among many others.

Employee 148