Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove Education Remove Local
article thumbnail

Communicators Can Help Americans Vote in 2020

PRSay

3, Americans will cast their votes for President and for state and local candidates. Communicators have “a lot of great partners out there” who can help provide their employees with local voting information, said panelist Kelly Mason, director of corporate communications at Levi Strauss & Co.,

article thumbnail

PR 2.0 for Communicating Research

Deirdre Breakenridge

Oxford Dictionary’s word of the year in 2016 was post truth : an adjective defined as ‘relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief. For every fact there is a counterfact.

article thumbnail

5 Newsworthy Content Ideas for the 2016 Election Season

Beyond PR

Civil and human rights, gender equality, criminal justice reform, poverty, immigration and other social advocacy topics have long been important, with the 2016 election season being no different. Specifically, the education of children and young adults is a topic on the top of many candidates’, lawmakers’ and voters’ minds.

Energy 40
article thumbnail

The journey from lockdown

Stephen Waddington

In the UK a three day simulation exercise called Exercise Cygnus took place in 2016 to consider the potential impact of a pandemic influenza outbreak. Education providers have gone online, wholesalers are selling direct to the public, and manufacturers have retooled production to make safety equipment. Let’s hope that continues.

article thumbnail

Hopes, Dreams and Sage Advice: 40+ Marketing and PR predictions for 2023

Sword and the Script

And, given the vast amount of time I pour into writing about PR technology , I’m really pleased with the long list of contributions from the PR technology vendor community. a) Many community newspapers going away and hopefully still being available in some kind of online format. Strengthening community-building and connections.

Marketing 190
article thumbnail

4 Small Steps that Pack a Big PR Punch

Beyond PR

During next week’s National Small Business Week (May 1-7, 2016), small business owners from around the country will be celebrated for their entrepreneurial spirit and determination, and have an opportunity to participate in events that educate, connect, and inspire. Participate in community events. Partner with a charity.

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Aedhmar Hynes

Cision

In a communications career, we shine when we effect change. I joined the Board of BornFree, a philanthropic initiative to eradicate the mother-to-child transmission of HIV by the end of 2016. My team jumped on board, and we developed and executed an extraordinary integrated communications campaign.

Groups 120