article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Joe S. Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

he worked as a television news reporter and editor in Asheville and Charlotte before transitioning into a PR career. where they both became active in the community, volunteering their time and expertise in organizations such as Thermal Belt Outreach Ministry and Polk County Historical Society. were lifelong.

Ethics 166
article thumbnail

Talking About the Great Outdoors: Q&A With Acclaimed Storyteller Baratunde Thurston

PRSay

Thurston is a speaker at PRSA’s Travel and Tourism Conference, held June 20-23, at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wis. I’ve told a lot of stories in many formats throughout my career: cable television, YouTube series, podcasts, books, public speaking, social media live events, standup comedy shows.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Helsinki, Finland – Growth Path Ahead

Landis PR

Finland is looking for investments particularly in bio & circular economy, cleantech, health & wellbeing, ICT & digitalization and travel. YLE, the state-owned communications company, broadcasts on four television channels visible throughout the country. Finland’s largest commercial television channel is MTV3.

Radio 64
article thumbnail

In praise of the press release

Wadds Inc.

In that period we've seen the invention of the television, jet engine, space travel, the internet, and the computer. He lamented its abuse as a means of community engagement with a variety of marketing audiences or publics. Lee would have no problems recognising the modern version of his original document.

article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Minnesota Timberwolves’ and Lynx’s Kirsten Wenker

Communications Conversations

I am the Senior Corporate Communications Manager for both teams, which means I handle all “off court” communications. So I worked at several agencies on all different types of brands – CPG, travel, technology, retail and fitness to name a few. Getting to report on new places and cultures as a travel journalist would be amazing!

Sports 113
article thumbnail

Is Good Health the Key to Success in Life and Business?

wiredPRworks

That’s because our guest, Shawna Coronado is an anti-inflammatory lifestyle author, coach, media host, photographer, speaker, and writer recognized for wellness lifestyle, anti-inflammatory culinary, organic gardening, and travel. What you’ll hear about – Is Good Health the Key to Success in Life and Business?

article thumbnail

Faces & Markets of PRGN: Hong Kong – Asia’s World City

Bianchi Biz Blog

This includes print newspapers, digital news sites, television, and radio stations. Digital and Social Media Proliferation: With one of the world’s highest rates of Internet and smartphone penetration, digital and social media play a crucial role in Hong Kong’s communication strategies. of internet users aged 16-64 TikTok : 24.1%