Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Crisis Communications Remove Groups
article thumbnail

Emory’s Excellent Crisis Communication on Facebook

Melissa Agnes

As you probably know, I’ve been having an interesting debate with a fellow crisis professional on whether or not to shut social media down in a crisis. Instead of closing pages, I always suggest to focus on the goals and to communicate the appropriate messages to the appropriate audiences. to be treated at Emory.

article thumbnail

Doing Crisis Communications Right – Your Follow Up Questions Answered

Melissa Agnes

Since the podcast on “ doing crisis communications right “, with Captain Chris Hsiung and Shino Tanaka, aired last week, I’ve received some really great follow up questions from listeners. Your follow up questions answered: Doing crisis communications right.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Importance of Community Relations in Healthcare

Landis PR

By Liza Batallones When you think of healthcare groups or pharmaceutical companies, maybe a doctor’s face pops into your head or that clever commercial with the unique-sounding drug name comes to mind. AND, they provide an important service to the community. I know I can visualize almost every one of those commercials!

article thumbnail

5 Steps to Becoming a Crisis Communication Pro

Melissa Agnes

Can any organization be a crisis communication pro? Being crisis-ready, crisis-intelligent, isn’t a mysterious quality that only a few people or organizations possess. So what would it take for your organization, your team, to be considered a crisis communication pro? Absolutely, why not?

article thumbnail

GoGo SqueeZ’s rotten crisis communication approach

The Stalwart Blog

I recently came across a post in a Facebook group that called out GoGo SqueeZ, a company that makes baby food pouches. However, it was 11 days later with an Update to Our Community post. This is a big no-no when it comes to crisis communication. Parents are demanding the product be recalled, but GoGo SqueeZ remains quiet.

article thumbnail

Why the ‘Stealing Thunder Theory’ of Crisis Comms Requires Focus and Intent

PRSay

For more articles on crisis management, please check out the May 2024 issue of Strategies & Tactics. The “Stealing Thunder Theory” of crisis communications has been a critical tool for PR counselors for decades. That said, the communications world today is intensely disrupted.

Crisis 137
article thumbnail

3 Steps to a Data-Driven Internal Communications Plan in 2021

PRSay

As you think about your internal communications plans for 2021, you must first recognize the challenges and changes that occurred in 2020. Often, a communication audit is recommended before starting any major yearly planning. Here are the three steps you need to take to run a successful communications audit. The message sender.

Internal 187