Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Facebook
article thumbnail

How 2020 Has Highlighted the Importance of Being Open and Honest

PRSay

We’re only halfway through 2020, but the year has already ushered in a once-in-a-century pandemic and a world-altering movement to dismantle systemic racism. So what do the rapid changes of 2020 mean for your organization? For many, it should mean refocusing on the importance of being open and transparent.

System 158
article thumbnail

Future of PR: 2020 edition

Stephen Waddington

He published a paper called PR 2020 on behalf of the CIPR in 2011 that examined the future of PR. The PR 2020 project was based on interviews with PR practitioners throughout the UK and the outlook for the forthcoming decade. They are all issues that will occupy us all in 2020. Issues in practice 1. She always improves my work.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

The classic BuzzSumo tool will also allow you to analyze the reporter’s activity such as: Number of articles created on topic; Total engagement of articles on topic; Recency of published content; Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit engagement; and Number of links driven. Meltwater gamifies customer community. Trust but verify.

Analysis 151
article thumbnail

Blog Contest Winner: How The FEEL Model Can Get You Closer to Your Goals

Deirdre Breakenridge

Back in 2014, I made a comment on Facebook about the movie Dear White People. But I do believe LinkedIn is important, and it may be beneficial for me to have at least one of the big accounts (Twitter, Facebook) for professional use. A Guest Post By Keke Ellis, American University Grad Student, FEEL Blog Post Winner.

Blogging 239
article thumbnail

Challenges and changes for PR in 2021

Stephen Waddington

In short, 2020 into 2021 has been tough and, while there is most definitely light at the end of the tunnel, patterns have emerged that have changed and will continue to change forever the industry and how we practice communications.

article thumbnail

Thoughts on Balancing Your Professional Work and Your Activism

PRSay

Some of us are fortunate to work for companies that tell employees to bring their whole selves to work, that invest in corporate social responsibility and that act as responsible members of their communities. Take a fresh look at the PRSA Code of Ethics , especially the core value of “Loyalty.” Margaret Ritsch, Ed.D.,

System 189
article thumbnail

#Leaders Listen Up: #Millennials Share what Gets their Attention on Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

In November of 2018, the Hootsuite Blog stated that over 200 million people participated in Facebook Groups and there were about 150 million people who took advantage of Facebook Stories. workforce by 2020. Harness a particular social media platform whether you’re strong at Instagram, Twitter or Facebook Live.