Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove How To Remove Writing
article thumbnail

How People Made 2010 What It Was

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali How People Made 2010 What It Was December 31st, 2010 Tweet Just a few more hours before we put our 2010 calendars away and start our New Year, eh? My, time flies. I turned 40.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Get the B2B Marketing Persona Right [UML]

Sword and the Script

The eMarketer report drew from surveys conducted by Pan Communications , the B2B Technology Marketing Community on LinkedIn, and the Atlanta-based demand generation firm, Annuitas. Additional recommended reading: Anecdote: How to Define a Market Opportunity. Market Research Mistake: Falling in Love with an Idea.

B2B 115
article thumbnail

This Semrush Acquisition of Backlinko hits PR, SEO and Content Marketing Trifecta [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

In 2010, Vocus acquired the Help a Reporter. Second, these weren’t just emails lists from downloaded content – but communities of engaged readers. In checking the share price in writing this post, the company is trading at around $18 per share or about 30% above its closing price on the day of its public debut. Case in point?

SEO 132
article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

Going the extra mile can be a long-term PR strategy if you can figure out how to do things that don’t scale. Offer pro bono services to a non-profit organisation in your community. Write a white paper or research report on a topic related to your industry. Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Vince Bond, Reporter at Automotive News

Bianchi Biz Blog

Every part of the industry has had to recalibrate and figure out how to design, build, sell and advertise vehicles in this new environment. I recently did a piece that gave a behind-the-scenes look at how FCA’s user-experience team has had to fine-tune the new Uconnect 5 infotainment system during the pandemic while everyone works from home.

article thumbnail

How September 11 Impacted PR and Email Communications

wiredPRworks

In 2012, I wrote an update on a previous post with thoughts on how the September 11 attacks immediately reshaped community, public relations and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. Producing a letter took time to write, print or copy and mail.