article thumbnail

Astroturfing has no place in modern public relations or public affairs

Stephen Waddington

Propaganda has no place in modern public affairs or public relations. Jim Waterson writing in The Guardian highlights dark Facebook Pages that CTF has run on behalf of the Airbus, Canary Wharf Group and the Saudi government. Astroturfing should be called out in the strongest terms.

article thumbnail

Ranger Scott Gediman on the Ferguson Fire and 22 Years as Yosemite Park’s Public Affairs Officer

PRSay

Over his 22 years as public affairs officer at Yosemite National Park , Scott Gediman has experienced a myriad of crises on the job, from floods and rock falls to hantavirus outbreaks. “It The closure affected both the park and the surrounding communities during the height of the summer visitor season. 22 about his experiences.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Connie Partoyan

Cision

A lot has changed in that time, especially in how companies, associations and organizations approach public affairs and government affairs. Our history is grounded in public affairs – helping to influence some of the most challenging public policy debates in the country. and in local communities.

article thumbnail

Do You Work in Comms? Please Take the 5th Annual JOTW Comms Survey for 2022

Sword and the Script

Every week it’s filled with job opportunities in PR, public affairs and media – it’s a great place to find a PR job. In subsequent years, we’ve invited readers of this blog (and newsletter) to the survey and so I’m writing to ask for your help: If you work in comms, please consider taking the survey here.

Survey 85
article thumbnail

PR software vendors are starting to talk security in generative AI pitches [PR Tech Sum No. 46]

Sword and the Script

This means my last summary of PR tech news was in early June – and in the eight weeks since, there’s been a number of annucments from the solution provider community. The PR software community has taken note and they are responding. The second is an enhancement to its AI Writing Assistant, first unveiled a couple of months ago.

Software 121
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines With Ashley Simmons

Cision

It made sense that I should be in the nation’s capital to study public affairs and obtain more real-world experience, so I moved to D.C. It made sense that I should be in the nation’s capital to study public affairs and obtain more real-world experience, so I moved to D.C. I’ve never looked back. Rapid Fire Round.

article thumbnail

What the Uvalde Shootings and Other Crises Reveal about Press Conferences

PRSay

Another lesson we can take from the Uvalde and BP tragedies is that crisis communication plans should simulate crisis scenarios to train PR people and identify who will be responsible for making statements to the media. My position is: If you didn’t say it during the rehearsal, then don’t say it to the press or any other audience.