article thumbnail

3 Ways to Expand Your Reach Within the Hispanic Community

Cision

In addition to this, the term “Hispanic” incorporates a very large group of people with varying cultures and lifestyles, and it’s important to understand the individual, unique subgroups within the community as a whole. For instance, big cities tend to have larger Hispanic communities, which affects the volume and type of media consumption.

Community 225
article thumbnail

Big Business Must Help Us Heal

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

It’s time for the business community as a group and individual businesses as brands, to help us heal the divide. In the wake of the shocking violence last week, that may be starting to happen, and there’s a role for PR and corporate communications. golf course. The opportunity for business communicators.

Corporate 338
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Public Relations Objectives

Doctor Spin

PR professionals craft compelling narratives and critical messages that resonate with stakeholders , influencers , and publics , and they disseminate these through various channels, including traditional media, social media , and direct communications. Building trust and credibility is another crucial objective of public relations.

article thumbnail

Public Relations vs Marketing

Doctor Spin

In this blog post, let’s look at the differences between public relations and marketing. Here we go: Public Relations vs Marketing Public relations vs marketing. It also involves crisis communication to mitigate damage to the company’s reputation. Public Relations is typically taught under Communications.

article thumbnail

US Navy In Crisis PR Mode: A Textbook Example

The Stalwart Blog

Forgive me if I boast about the US Navy Public Affairs community for a moment. In response, the Navy had only one real course of action. Here’s where the Public Affairs team and senior leadership shined. I possess a bit of bias from my years in uniform. Quick Announcements. Regular Updates.

article thumbnail

Selfish Altruism: Ned Lundquist on Origins of the JOTW and an Appeal to Take the Annual Comms Survey

Sword and the Script

It was a shock of course. He’s really done wonderful service for the communications field and has built a 6,000-person strong community in the process. Nearly two decades later, Ned and I would team up to survey his subscribers for the annual JOTW Communications survey. His answers follow below. >>>

Survey 78
article thumbnail

15 years after: the collective “grilling” of Jim Grunig still delivers visionary insights on the future of PR

PR Conversations

public affairs, community relations, lobbying, sustainability, among others) together with the communication functions (e.g. media relations, employee communications, digital communications, advertising and media planning, etc) under “bundled” Public Relations inspired organizations.