Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Social Media Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Discovering the Roadmap in Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

I have always been very passionate about social media, but when it comes to teaching social media, there is nothing more rewarding. I have been teaching my social media class for the last three years and it’s been one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had as a professor. Rubrics and feedback forms.

article thumbnail

10 lessons from 10 years of teaching social media

Karen Freberg

As we start the spring semester, I realized that it has officially been 10 years since I started teaching a social media class. Honestly, the time flew by and it seems like yesterday I came to UofL from my PhD at the University of Tennessee, where I was asked to create and execute a social media class. TEN YEARS?!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

It can include social media, tip sheets, and emails, as well as paid promotions like native advertising and promoted posts on social platforms. And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities.

Community 120
article thumbnail

15 Up-and-Coming PR and Social Media Marketers to Watch

Communications Conversations

Last week, I shared my news that I’ll be teaching social media at the University of St. Now, she’s crushing it at Best Buy in social media marketing. So, I asked a few key local leaders for up-and-coming social media or communications superstars they admire. Justine Perez joined the U.S.

article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Producing a letter took time to write, print or copy and mail.

article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

In 2011, a Twitter user jokingly tweeted to Morton’s Steakhouse asking if they could meet him at the airport with a steak when he landed. 2011, August 19). … Continue reading Patagonia —Patagonia is an outdoor clothing and gear company known for its sustainability and social responsibility commitment.