Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Interviews Remove Publicity
article thumbnail

Bringing Open Community To Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Because if there’s one thing I believe takes public relations from good to great, it’s when your audiences start becoming your community through the relationships you develop with them. But I was curious to see how Maddie and Lindy perceived not just Open Community , but its juxtaposition with public relations.

article thumbnail

Face Implicit Bias to Create a More Diverse PR Profession

PRSay

In August, PRSA is celebrating Diversity Month by focusing on the diverse communities, people and practices that comprise public relations. Hicks is director of public relations, Shelby Residential & Vocational Services, in Memphis, Tennessee.

Nonprofit 102
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Kpop Lessons: Handling Defamation Through Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

The rumors about Tablo’s supposed forgery were spread by two online communities: “We Urge Tablo to Tell the Truth,&# or TaJinYo , and “A World Where Common Sense is the Truth,&# or SangJinSe. Garner support Tablo granted interviews to both the JoongAng Daily and the KBS network , who were sympathetic to his situation.

article thumbnail

How Reading Fairy Tales Can Improve Public Relations

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali How Reading Fairy Tales Can Improve Public Relations December 28th, 2010 Tweet What’s your favorite fairy tale? And that is what is really key in the “new&# public relations world.

article thumbnail

Muck Rack Lands a Whopping $180 million in Funding [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

On one side, we have giants, which are backed by PE firms, holding companies, and in a couple of cases have access to the liquidity of public markets. This is the first outside investment the company has taken, which has been boot-strapped its founding in 2009 by Galant and Lee Semel. PR tech mentions.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Erica Schueller, Editorial Director, Commercial Vehicle Group at Endeavor Business Media

Bianchi Biz Blog

Years ago, I was the editor of Professional Distributor , a publication which provides mobile tool and equipment dealers who sell to repair shops business insights and trends. For the interview, I would typically meet the distributor early in the morning and ride along on the truck for an entire day as s/he made customer stops.

Groups 55
article thumbnail

Public Relations Lessons From Jesus, The Apostles And The Bible

Waxing UnLyrical

Waxing UnLyrical personal, possibly poetic, musings on public relations, media, communication, and everything in between About Shonali Public Relations Lessons From Jesus, The Apostles And The Bible December 24th, 2010 Tweet Note: this is not a religious post, and is meant neither to proselytize nor offend. Here are three.